Rear Suspension Squeak

Slawrence

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hi newb here with a question on possible rear suspension squeaking. Bought my 2021 JLU Willys a month ago with 446 miles on it. It now has 1600 miles and some new noises. Took my Jeep into the dealer yesterday for a rear suspension squeak while going over bumps, collapsed culverts, frost heaves, pot holes, etc. They couldnā€™t find the source but did hear it. Has anyone experienced this? They tightened everything up and test drove it 3 times. No heavy squeaking until I went over collapsed culverts and frost heaves on my way home. I live in Vermont and roads are not in great condition. Thanks!

FF02249E-1E84-4799-941B-BAFDC6E6DB0D.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi newb here with a question on possible rear suspension squeaking. Bought my 2021 JLU Willys a month ago with 446 miles on it. It now has 1600 miles and some new noises. Took my Jeep into the dealer yesterday for a rear suspension squeak while going over bumps, collapsed culverts, frost heaves, pot holes, etc. They couldnā€™t find the source but did hear it. Has anyone experienced this? They tightened everything up and test drove it 3 times. No heavy squeaking until I went over collapsed culverts and frost heaves on my way home. I live in Vermont and roads are not in great condition. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Suspension Squeak FF02249E-1E84-4799-941B-BAFDC6E6DB0D
Is this concern still present, Slawrence? If so, we can definitely dig into this further with you. Send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Slawrence

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Is this concern still present, Slawrence? If so, we can definitely dig into this further with you. Send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
The concern is still valid, yes. Dealer canā€™t find anything wrong.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The concern is still valid, yes. Dealer canā€™t find anything wrong.
Definitely frustrating, Slawrence. Although I cannot guarantee a different outcome, we can look into this further with you. Just send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

AaronSamaroo

First Name
Aaron Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Hello,

I just bought a brand new Willy's 2021 and I'm having the same issue. The dealer said it needs to be "broken into"
Were you able to figure out what it was?

The Rear passenger squeaks when the vehicle bounces. Sometimes I go over bumps and its the same thing.
HELP!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How loud is it?

Can you reproduce it by jumping up and down on the back bumper?

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I have this on my 2021 80th anniversary. It happens when go over bumps just right (not every time, though), but also when I press the brakes lightly at low speeds. Itā€™s not a brake pad sound, though.

I can only hear it when the windows are down, doors off, or top down.

itā€™s weird and only happens in very certain scenarios. Havenā€™t pinpointed it yet.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I just started having this issue as well.... Only noticeable with the windows down. I have a '21 JLUR with 2,000 miles. I just had the ball joint castle nuts re-torqued due to the clicking noise when turning, and now I am experiencing this one, haha. I have owned many Jeeps over the years, and unfortunately I have learned to live with some noises. I can say I am glad others are having it too, just so I know I am not crazy!!! Please let me know if anyone figures it out. I was thinking it may have something to due with rear shocks or a bushing.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue here.

I may pull the driver side rear shock and confirm. Otherwise it sounds like a control arm to me.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Sounds like a damn squeegy. Same issue on my Gladiator. It's worse when it's wet/humid out? So weird. Mine is modified though. I need to track it down. It happens on my JL as well but I think it might be the rear glass seal making noise and needs some VRT. Thought it was the rear seat at first.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a damn squeegy. Same issue on my Gladiator. It's worse when it's wet/humid out? So weird. Mine is modified though. I need to track it down. It happens on my JL as well but I think it might be the rear glass seal making noise and needs some VRT. Thought it was the rear seat at first.
Haha, yes a Squeegee is the perfect analogy for the sound. I don't think anything is being damaged, but it is annoying. And if it is the shock, then I'm taking it as a sign it's on its way out. The other corners front and back don't make any noise.

I'll be re-confirming the travel on the shocks and bump stops if I find it's the shock as that will get expensive fast. I have a Synergy/Teraflex Frankenlift setup at 2in so the Fox 2-3in shocks should be good, but she does flex more than your average setup.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Haha, yes a Squeegee is the perfect analogy for the sound. I don't think anything is being damaged, but it is annoying. And if it is the shock, then I'm taking it as a sign it's on its way out. The other corners front and back don't make any noise.

I'll be re-confirming the travel on the shocks and bump stops if I find it's the shock as that will get expensive fast. I have a Synergy/Teraflex Frankenlift setup at 2in so the Fox 2-3in shocks should be good, but she does flex more than your average setup.
I don't think it's the shock. Mine does it and I have brand new $6800 Fox 3.0 IBP shocks. If it is, I will be furious, lol.
Sponsored