Sponsored

Rear Storage Tub

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
Just a quick question: Can someone confirm or deny whether the diesels have the rear under floor storage compartment? Thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP
RafterCExplorations

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Thanks. Thats exactly what I was wondering about. Didn't know about Adventure Labs. Wonder what kind of heat issues there would be running the compressors while covered?
I don't know about the heat build up but I imagine there is some. You may want to reach out AAL.

Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I was strongly advised against mounting the ARB twin compressor in the rear tub location due to overheating and restricted airflow concerns. I placed the twin compressor under the front passenger seat and have been pleased with the ease of access.

OP
OP
RafterCExplorations

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was strongly advised against mounting the ARB twin compressor in the rear tub location due to overheating and restricted airflow concerns. I placed the twin compressor under the front passenger seat and have been pleased with the ease of access.
Thanks.... Thought about that too.
AAL makes a bracket for the storage well for the twin compressors, but then they use a relocation kit for both the intakes and the pressure side outlet, as well as the On/Off switch, that they claim significantly reduces the heat output.
Not even sure I'm going with powered air, but was just spitballing ideas in my head. I tend to lean to the Powertank. The air volume potential is significantly greater, you don't have to worry about heat/duty cycle, and the portability is a plus.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I'm running stock 33" BFG K02 tires on my Rubicon and I typically deflate to 20 psi when offroading. Once off the trail, it takes roughly 90 seconds to air each tire up to 38 psi when in the Phoenix area . . . it took as much as another minute per tire when I was in Colorado. I don't have to worry about running out with the Powertank, getting it refilled, plus the size of the Powertank is a bit larger than the ARB twin.

I know the Powertank is a reliable system that many people use, it just isn't for me.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Thanks.... Thought about that too.
AAL makes a bracket for the storage well for the twin compressors, but then they use a relocation kit for both the intakes and the pressure side outlet, as well as the On/Off switch, that they claim significantly reduces the heat output.
Not even sure I'm going with powered air, but was just spitballing ideas in my head. I tend to lean to the Powertank. The air volume potential is significantly greater, you don't have to worry about heat/duty cycle, and the portability is a plus.
I put mine in a Rigid Plastic tool box with a 1 gallon tank. I inflated 3 jeeps from about 25 to 38 and halfway thru the 4th jeep it overheated...wait a few minutes and it worked great.

I am attaching pictures...the toolbox was closed and there was no airflow. The compressor ran about 99% of the time filling up the jeeps.

I made mine portable so I can move it between vehicles. I also have a battery connector that allows me to connect to someone's battery if it isn't in my jeep or can't reach.

The damn thing gets hot as hell, I didn't want it under my seat and didn't want to put it in the cargo space because it is NOT easy to access in the back.

IMG_7775.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg

IMG_7773.jpg
Sponsored