Rear storage option for JLU

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
@markgt : Have you got the tie down rails installed? I am asking because I live in Germany, and Tyler has not come back to me with a shipping offer. Quadratec, on the other hand, does not sell the squadbox with the tie down rails... :mad:

Do you think it would be possible to install them afterwards?

I believe Tyler direct ships them, order through quadratec with free shipping and pay tyler through PayPal for the rails. I think Tyler could do that.
Advertisement

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@zscooby,

Thanks a lot for your help, it is much appreciated!

As regards ordering and especially the tie down rails, the problem lies in the shipping: As I live in Germany, there is no free shipping for me... Quadratec has come up with a reasonable offer, but they do not offer the rails, and Tyler would send me the whole package, but would charge a hell of a lot for shipping (he probably does not get Quadratec rates because his business is to small).

I am now trying to bring Quadratec and Tyler together (they ARE doing business after all) to have the low shipping costs and still receive the tie-down rails - keep your fingers crossed for me!

Best,

Michael

RealMenDIY

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This seems to be the most comprehensive thread talking about Squadbox and as others have noted there isn't much info available anywhere, specifically reviews or user experience, so I am tagging on. One question I haven't seen is how does the sub sound when enclosed in the Squadbox. I imagine it is very similar to a sub box being in the trunk of a car, doesn't really affect the sound greatly. Can anyone confirm?

I am about to click order, just need confirmation.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This seems to be the most comprehensive thread talking about Squadbox and as others have noted there isn't much info available anywhere, specifically reviews or user experience, so I am tagging on. One question I haven't seen is how does the sub sound when enclosed in the Squadbox. I imagine it is very similar to a sub box being in the trunk of a car, doesn't really affect the sound greatly. Can anyone confirm?

I am about to click order, just need confirmation.
Sounds great increases the bass

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really is that easy! But it’s a resl booger to get installed! 100% worth it. I’d do it again if I didn’t have one. Not one rattle.

Cjkinwi

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
@zscooby Does it fit with the gap cover/cargo mat installed, or will that have to be removed?

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
Cjkinwi said:
@zscooby Does it fit with the gap cover/cargo mat installed, or will that have to be removed?

I took it out to get the squad box installed, then i put it back in. It was a little work but it fits!
Just received my SquadBox and am EXTREMELY pleased with the quality of the materials and workmanship. 👍👍

Had not thought about gap cover clearance but good to know since my backseat will be down most of the time for dogs so I need to keep that cover.

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement