hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you need the parts circled in yellow? I have the tow package.

1608088834324.png

C057BAB8-08C8-43AD-B654-E6A5B0AD035B.jpeg
No sir. Was looking for nut for bolt that mounts bumper to frame. Thanks for info
Sponsored

mmai

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
No sir. Was looking for nut for bolt that mounts bumper to frame. Thanks for info
Sorry let me rephrase that. I’m looking to install a rear steel bumper and was wondering if you purchased the parts that I circled in yellow when you did your install? Or did you only need the 2 pinch nuts and bolts that attach the bumper to the cross member?

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry let me rephrase that. I’m looking to install a rear steel bumper and was wondering if you purchased the parts that I circled in yellow when you did your install? Or did you only need the 2 pinch nuts and bolts that attach the bumper to the cross member?
Oh sorry. I did not install the parts in yellow. Only needed pinch nuts (Rivnut) and bolts. I do not have hitch.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Hi all!

Hoping to get some clarification. I'm installing a take off rubi steel bumper on my 2021 Willys. Didn't come with any bolts. Came with other brackets , pieces, not bracket in yellow. Can someone clarify which I need?

- I don't have tow package. Do I need the hardware circled in yellow? Or only the other rivnuts / bolts?
- Any issues with tire rubbing on the bumper? I saw an old post saying steel bumper caused tire rub because the sport tire carrier is lower than rubi?
- Also I read the rivnuts are different starting in 21, and 2018-2020 wont fit? Any accuracy?

Thanks!

@mmai @hoag4147

Sponsored

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all!

Hoping to get some clarification. I'm installing a take off rubi steel bumper on my 2021 Willys. Didn't come with any bolts. Came with other brackets , pieces, not bracket in yellow. Can someone clarify which I need?

- I don't have tow package. Do I need the hardware circled in yellow? Or only the other rivnuts / bolts?
- Any issues with tire rubbing on the bumper? I saw an old post saying steel bumper caused tire rub because the sport tire carrier is lower than rubi?
- Also I read the rivnuts are different starting in 21, and 2018-2020 wont fit? Any accuracy?

Thanks!

@mmai @hoag4147
I did not need parts in yellow with no hitch. Have no idea if rivnuts changed but can’t see why they would. When I installed and had 33s mounted the spare did not work with Sport carrier. It definitely hit the bumper.
You probably already know the bumper end caps do not line up with Willys flares, so will see a gap. The caps are wider.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I did not need parts in yellow with no hitch. Have no idea if rivnuts changed but can’t see why they would. When I installed and had 33s mounted the spare did not work with Sport carrier. It definitely hit the bumper.
You probably already know the bumper end caps do not line up with Willys flares, so will see a gap. The caps are wider.
Thanks!

Agree about the rivnuts, I'll call dealer to confirm.
Wondering if my stock Willys wheel/tire setup will need a new carrier to not rub?
Yep I know about endcaps! Waiting for the rubi fender kit to come in stock in feb to order.

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

Agree about the rivnuts, I'll call dealer to confirm.
Wondering if my stock Willys wheel/tire setup will need a new carrier to not rub?
Yep I know about endcaps! Waiting for the rubi fender kit to come in stock in feb to order.
you may be fine with stock Willys wheel/tire setup. If not, others have replaced with carrier off a Rubi.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
you may be fine with stock Willys wheel/tire setup. If not, others have replaced with carrier off a Rubi.

Ah ok thanks! Any idea where to find a rubi carrier? I can only find the over-sided carriers meant for XL.

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ah ok thanks! Any idea where to find a rubi carrier? I can only find the over-sided carriers meant for XL.
Sometimes they are for sale here on the member marketplace or check out FB marketplace.

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Hi all,

Not having much luck with the bolts / nuts. I spoke to local dealer but they didn't seem to confident either. Can someone help me locate the part number for these?

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
There is no part numbers just listed size/type. If local dealer can’t tell from this instructions sheet then only other person that may be able to assist is Benny @AllMoparParts.com

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/K6862782.pdf
No luck. I spoke to 3 dealers and 2 websites. Basically they all said there's no way of knowing, just kind of a guessing game. Hoping someone here could help? I just need the parts in green, don't actually need the M12, ignore that. I THINK I found what are probably the parts, could you maybe take a look?

I think rinvut (D) = 06511076AA
Nut (I) maybe this. Website says bumper nut = 06104727AA
Bolt (C) has a few options, not sure which= 68358246AA or 68358247AA or 6104414AA

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear steel bumper question Capture.JPG
Sponsored