Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Background, my wife has a 2020 2 door with soft top. Until it gets cold the side panels aren't going on. The day we brought it home the kids had already figured out how to climb in thru the side.

I'm thinking, since I can't police the kids all the time, add a protective strip along the top. I measured it out as ~2.5 wide x 36inside 37 outside between the plastic components of the soft top. Before I bolt a pair of yardsticks to the top of my quarter panel are there any other options currently made?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Squirly

Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Took a stab at it with a trip to home Depot.
Opted for a door sill and rubber floor trim. not exactly what I was looking for but should do the trick for now. The curve of the rear quarter compicates things. Need flat head screws and maybe the yard stick would be better.

IMG_20191004_203602.jpg

Boots

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester, 2004 Nissan Titan, 2020 Jeep JLUR (Ordered 9/7/2019)
How about some paint protection film?
I am looking to have some film put on my Jeep and I am going to see about putting it on the door sills before committing to something more substantial.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Took a stab at it with a trip to home Depot.
Opted for a door sill and rubber floor trim. not exactly what I was looking for but should do the trick for now. The curve of the rear quarter compicates things. Need flat head screws and maybe the yard stick would be better.

IMG_20191004_203602.jpg
Looks good, and I agree on using flat head screws.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
How about some paint protection film?
I am looking to have some film put on my Jeep and I am going to see about putting it on the door sills before committing to something more substantial.
The film is great I had it put on my 19 JLUR Bright white areas I did grille, hood about 18 inches up , frt fenders , rear fenders redone to cover all paint to the edge , all 4dr sills wrapped down the side of the rocker in case it gets kicked getting in it's the best thing I did you won't be sorry !
Sponsored