Rear signal lights not working with TazerJL

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update: Well I remarried 11.2.8 again and this time I did a full reboot and the problem went away. Not sure if I did a full reboot earlier

I just found out today that my rear signal lights are not working but the front signal lights work fine. I have a 2018 JLUR with factory LED lights.

I decided to unmarry my Tazer JL and my rear signal lights started working again! I then went and updated the firmware from 11.2.6 beta to 11.2.8 and re-married the Tazer. At that point, the rear signal lights stopped working again. :(

Sure enough, unmarrying 11.2.8 and rear signal lights work. Does anyone have similar issues or know of a fix?

Oh, I should mention that I do have my doors off if that even matters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@TroyBoy

Weird......
Really weird out of all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of guys/gals running a Tazer JL and with them also having stock LED lights that no one else has reported this rear signal light issue other then you..... yet....

.... anyway.... What working Tazer JL firmware did you use last that when using that firmware your rear signal lights were working correctly.. take a minute and load that older firmware back on your Tazer JL and test with that.. you should see your rear signal lights working again with the Tazer JL installed.... you would think so anyway..

You can download older firmware versions at ZAutomotive's website.

Yes, you can install firmware updates older then what is loaded on your Tazer JL.

Do this, get some test results and then reach out to Joe at ZAutomotive and see what he thinks..

Last edited:

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I would suggest going through the settings on your Tazer and make sure that the tail lights are set to LED. I know that it should automatically pick up the current settings of your vehicle but it may be worth checking. Good luck.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I will do some more experiments with older firmware tomorrow and also check to see if my tail lights are set to LED too. I have no idea when this problem started showing up. It could be in relation to my doors being off too. Maybe something to do with the blind spot mirrors being removed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I will do some more experiments with older firmware tomorrow and also check to see if my tail lights are set to LED too. I have no idea when this problem started showing up. It could be in relation to my doors being off too. Maybe something to do with the blind spot mirrors being removed.
@TroyBoy

Your stock set-up, doors on or doors off, blind spot mirrors .....is no different then many many others running the Tazer JL. No one so far has had a similar issue ..... at least no mention on this forum.

My curiosity is up... do test..

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@TroyBoy

Your stock set-up, doors on or doors off, blind spot mirrors .....is no different then many many others running the Tazer JL. No one so far has had a similar issue ..... at least no mention on this forum.

My curiosity is up... do test..
Dang it I was hoping I wasn't the first to have this problem :)
oh well, I’ll keep everyone posted as to what I find.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well I remarried 11.2.8 again and this time I did a full reboot and the problem went away. Not sure if I did a full reboot earlier
Sponsored