OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
When I have a garage, I’ll get this. For now, I have room in a spare bedroom. :\
@Amaruq

Back in the day, I was a Sergeant (Hardstripe E-5) in the Army.... when stateside, I used to pull the rear seat out of my Jeep and keep it in the small, cadre room I was billeted/slept in, as a small couch of sorts. Watched many hours of TV on a 10" TV, sitting on the Jeep seat

These days it's in the garage, in the Xmas tree bag....

fjwagner

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Rubicon
Like many others, I often remove the rear seat from my 2dr Wrangler. Seems like it is out for more months of the year then it is in..

Anyway, I found a very decent zip up, durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated bag that the 2dr. JL rear seat will fit in and with some room to spare on all side. The cover is actually very functional, looks decent and for under $11.00 ..... oh my. On edit 8/26/18 - Price is now $15.99 but well worth that amt.

Now, I can remove the JL rear seat, place it in the bag, along with moth balls and or dryer sheets and be fairly confident that the rear seat will not get eaten or pissed & shit on by mice, bugs, etc.. Of course, if you store the this bagged seat in your cow barn, etc. you may still have pest issues.

By the way, I store my rear seat on it's end of course I could store on it's side..

Here is the info on this find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures are amazon ad photos. Bag is looser on 2dr. JL rear seat on all sides.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg
Like many others, I often remove the rear seat from my 2dr Wrangler. Seems like it is out for more months of the year then it is in..

Anyway, I found a very decent zip up, durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated bag that the 2dr. JL rear seat will fit in and with some room to spare on all side. The cover is actually very functional, looks decent and for under $11.00 ..... oh my. On edit 8/26/18 - Price is now $15.99 but well worth that amt.

Now, I can remove the JL rear seat, place it in the bag, along with moth balls and or dryer sheets and be fairly confident that the rear seat will not get eaten or pissed & shit on by mice, bugs, etc.. Of course, if you store the this bagged seat in your cow barn, etc. you may still have pest issues.

By the way, I store my rear seat on it's end of course I could store on it's side..

Here is the info on this find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures are amazon ad photos. Bag is looser on 2dr. JL rear seat on all sides.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg
Thanks for this great idea! I ordered from Amazon (gone up a few dollars), put my rear seat into it with plenty of room to spare, and per your advice tossed in some mothballs and dryer sheets. I keep my Jeep stuff in non-climate controlled storage unit in Houston with drive up access so protecting it from humidity and bugs was important. Fred

PbOnyx

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-Door
@Amaruq

Back in the day, I was a Sergeant (Hardstripe E-5) in the Army.... when stateside, I used to pull the rear seat out of my Jeep and keep it in the small, cadre room I was billeted/slept in, as a small couch of sorts. Watched many hours of TV on a 10" TV, sitting on the Jeep seat

These days it's in the garage, in the Xmas tree bag....
Hey guys, I notice in the 2-door Jeep community at large the trend is to view the back seat as nothing more than a paperweight. Like Rhinebeck01, I've found use for my back seat: I carry it with me as a camping couch for around the stove/fire so I don't have to go looking for an uncomfortable log or sit in a flimsy fold out chair.

Are there ppl out there who would use the seat as a portable solution instead of just storing it if they could buy a simple attachment to keep it from tipping back when out on its own? (Wondering if I should share my lifehack as an affordable product)

IMG_0462.jpg

Sponsored

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Thank you so much for this - exactly what I was searching for. Nobody is going to squeeze back there and without the seat, it fits the dog bed perfectly!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Great necro-thread

I think I'm gonna spring for the fabric w/ wheels (this one looks juuuuuust big enough)
https://www.amazon.com/Primode-Christmas-Rolling-Disassembled-Container/dp/B08MRZZV4G

Then again, I could get the Rubicon edition:
https://www.amazon.com/612-Vermont-Rolling-Christmas-Artificial/dp/B07YMKB75Z

I wonder if I could get a lift and 40's for it....
I was looking at the bag in your first link - but I don't think it fits. With the bars the seat measures 24 x 24 x 48. Thinking that although there is give in a duffel, that may not work

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I though about mounting mine to a wood base with some casters on it and using it in the garage. the spiders are so bad out there that it would have webs and spider eggs on it in no time. At least this bag will solve the issue. My JK seat was a mess when I went to put it back in, took a long time to clean it off at trade in time.

Last edited:

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
I was looking at the bag in your first link - but I don't think it fits. With the bars the seat measures 24 x 24 x 48. Thinking that although there is give in a duffel, that may not work
Ah, when I was measuring the seat last night I was just looking at the cushions (the seat was folded and still in the Jeep), I forgot about the bars.

The fine folks at "ProPik" have us covered though...
https://www.amazon.com/ProPik-Rolling-Christmas-Disassembled-Container/dp/B08N5CWLG7

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ah, when I was measuring the seat last night I was just looking at the cushions (the seat was folded and still in the Jeep), I forgot about the bars.

The fine folks at "ProPik" have us covered though...
https://www.amazon.com/ProPik-Rolling-Christmas-Disassembled-Container/dp/B08N5CWLG7
There are multiple reasons for a guy/gal to go with the less expensive, rip-proof woven polyurethane versus a pricier, polyester bag.

I would not want polyester. A lot depends on where the guy/gal will be storing the seat... dampness, critters, odors where you will be storing the seat and more, need to be considered...

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
There are multiple reasons for a guy/gal to go with the less expensive, rip-proof woven polyurethane versus a pricier, polyester bag.

I would not want polyester. A lot depends on where the guy/gal will be storing the seat... dampness, critters, odors where you will be storing the seat and more, need to be considered...

To be honest, I was mostly looking for the wheels, rather than the material. I did something bad to my back a couple of weekends ago (landscape boulders), and I'm just thinking what a pain that bench seat is to move around solo.

Also, my wife tends to be a bit.. ahem.... let's say... um.. adverse towards things that look erm.... value-oriented? I'm trying to navigate some unfamiliar political waters here... Normally I'd just say "my prissy wife is sick of my redneck ass junking up the garage with a bunch of Jeep parts inside of moving blankets and tarps".. but, that's not what I said, so... I think if she reads this post, I'm OK? Those (likely more durable) woven polyurethane bags are maybe a bit too tarp-like for me to avoid the ire of the lady.

I actually use a polyester fabric wheeled bag for its intended purpose (my Christmas tree) and it has been ripped by the pole of the tree poking through it... so, yeah, they aren't as durable, for sure. The double-bag approach (polyurethane bag inside of a rolling polyester bag) would probably be the better approach for me... maybe with some pool noodles around the bars at the base of the seat.

Wouldn't this be so much nicer if Jeep would have made the back seat bench into two removable halves? It's so bulky/awkward/heavy for something they had to have known was going to be removed a bunch.

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
To be honest, I was mostly looking for the wheels, rather than the material. I did something bad to my back a couple of weekends ago (landscape boulders), and I'm just thinking what a pain that bench seat is to move around solo.

Also, my wife tends to be a bit.. ahem.... let's say... um.. adverse towards things that look erm.... value-oriented? I'm trying to navigate some unfamiliar political waters here... Normally I'd just say "my prissy wife is sick of my redneck ass junking up the garage with a bunch of Jeep parts inside of moving blankets and tarps".. but, that's not what I said, so... I think if she reads this post, I'm OK? Those (likely more durable) woven polyurethane bags are maybe a bit too tarp-like for me to avoid the ire of the lady.

I actually use a polyester fabric wheeled bag for its intended purpose (my Christmas tree) and it has been ripped by the pole of the tree poking through it... so, yeah, they aren't as durable, for sure. The double-bag approach (polyurethane bag inside of a rolling polyester bag) would probably be the better approach for me... maybe with some pool noodles around the bars at the base of the seat.

Wouldn't this be so much nicer if Jeep would have made the back seat bench into two removable halves? It's so bulky/awkward/heavy for something they had to have known was going to be removed a bunch.
haha - I think ur wife and I would get along ;). I just ordered this one. Then I'm taking Cowboy's suggestion and mounting the base to a piece of plywood with caster wheels on the bottom; doesn't need to be so durable that way as it doesn't need to actually hold the weight of the back seat. Of course the duffle will completely cover the the ugly, offending plywood. base when I'm done so if your solution fails the test - you can give it a go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJAJF8E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
haha - I think ur wife and I would get along ;). I just ordered this one. Then I'm taking Cowboy's suggestion and mounting the base to a piece of plywood with caster wheels on the bottom; doesn't need to be so durable that way as it doesn't need to actually hold the weight of the back seat. Of course the duffle will completely cover the the ugly, offending plywood. base when I'm done so if your solution fails the test - you can give it a go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJAJF8E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So fancy. Your seat will look like it's planning a trip to Eddie Bauer.

kidhauler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys Sport, 2021 KL Trailhawk
Occupation
Enterprise Software Architect
Many thanks to the OP who found this item. Unfortunately, it's been out of stock on Amazon and everywhere since I picked up my Wrangler last week. What I liked about this solution is it's made of Polyurathane and would protect it from moisture in my basement. I've been hunting around for another solution without success. Has anyone else found something similar that I've missed?
Sponsored