💺 Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK 💺👜

pibby

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Like many others, I often remove the rear seat from my 2dr Wrangler. Seems like it is out for more months of the year then it is in..

Anyway, I found a very decent zip up, durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated bag that the 2dr. JL rear seat will fit in and with some room to spare on all side. The cover is actually very functional, looks decent and for under $11.00 ..... oh my. On edit 8/26/18 - Price is now $15.99 but well worth that amt.

Now, I can remove the JL rear seat, place it in the bag, along with moth balls and or dryer sheets and be fairly confident that the rear seat will not get eaten or pissed & shit on by mice, bugs, etc.. Of course, if you store the this bagged seat in your cow barn, etc. you may still have pest issues.

By the way, I store my rear seat on it's end of course I could store on it's side..

Here is the info on this find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures are amazon ad photos. Bag is looser on 2dr. JL rear seat on all sides.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg
Great find and a cheap Xmas gift! Thanks for the link.
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Like many others, I often remove the rear seat from my 2dr Wrangler. Seems like it is out for more months of the year then it is in..

Anyway, I found a very decent zip up, durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated bag that the 2dr. JL rear seat will fit in and with some room to spare on all side. The cover is actually very functional, looks decent and for under $11.00 ..... oh my. On edit 8/26/18 - Price is now $15.99 but well worth that amt.

Now, I can remove the JL rear seat, place it in the bag, along with moth balls and or dryer sheets and be fairly confident that the rear seat will not get eaten or pissed & shit on by mice, bugs, etc.. Of course, if you store the this bagged seat in your cow barn, etc. you may still have pest issues.

By the way, I store my rear seat on it's end of course I could store on it's side..

Here is the info on this find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures are amazon ad photos. Bag is looser on 2dr. JL rear seat on all sides.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg
Would this work on the back seat from a 4 door? If not, do you know of a storage bag?

RCH

First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBI 2dr 2.0t, 2014 CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK
Glad this resurfaced when it did. I just ordered this from the OP's link to store/protect the rear seat in my 18 JL Rubi 2 door.

Thanks to the OP and thanks to all who make this forum great.

v/r rch

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
This is *brilliant*! I took the seat out of my Jeep and have it wrapped in a moving blanket for now. My husband works in the garage, so an enclosed bag is preferred and this is perfect—especially for the price.

Thanks for posting this. Cheapest thing I've ordered today :CWL:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had the rear seat from my JK securely wrapped in plastic, or so I thought. Mice made a nest, luckily didn't chew it.
Fast Forward, I got this bag for my JL, and figure it will stay unmolested for a long time.
Thanks !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@four low
@RagTopDeluxe

My rear seat has been in this bag for around 10 months now.
Once a month or so, I do unzipper the bag and check to be sure there is no sign of rodent activity or any other issue...

Seems the mice are not interested in the bag/eating through the bag for whatever reason...

The bag with seat in it, is in a garage at my one residence, in Upstate NY. Mice are common place there , but knock on wood...., 8-) they are not interested in that bag.

Anyway, terrific bag. Bag and zipper are quite stout. Fit is very good in regard to the rear seat. Well worth the few $ it costs..

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
@four low
@RagTopDeluxe

My rear seat has been in this bag for around 10 months now.
Once a month or so, I do unzipper the bag and check to be sure there is no sign of rodent activity or any other issue...

Seems the mice are not interested in the bag/eating through the bag for whatever reason...

The bag with seat in it, is in a garage at my one residence, in Upstate NY. Mice are common place there , but knock on wood...., 8-) they are not interested in that bag.

Anyway, terrific bag. Bag and zipper are quite stout. Fit is very good in regard to the rear seat. Well worth the few $ it costs..

That's great. Thankfully we don't have a rodent issue here (turkeys, on the other hand...)

My husband laughed when I told him I ordered a Christmas tree bag :CWL:. I'll put the seat in when my daughter and her boyfriend come visit. Other than that it'll be in the garage.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Man, that bag is a great find. I'm keeping my rear seat in my bedroom for now since I have a lot of unused space.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I just read this new post below about consequences of removing the back seat - flex noises after removing the back seats. Any thoughts about the rear seat being part of the rigidity in the framework of the JL, especially a JLU?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/removed-seat—noises.30832/
I honestly cannot see how it could, it's designed to be removed.

I removed my 2018 2 door JL rear seat in the first week I had it ran my '09 2 door JK without a back seat for 9 years, never an issue with either jeep.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I was just thinking about how to store the rear seats today...great find, thank you!

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Any idea for a soft top storage solution? Not the windows, but the actual soft top. It is 60 inches long, 40 inches tall and 16 inches wide.

Last edited:

Soren

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser (looking to move to a 2020 2 door rubicon)
This is a great find, as I have been considering even getting a custom bag made to fit my rear seats ($$$) for my new 2020 2 door JL and this will save me a ton of money over getting a custom cordura nylon bag made. I will only use the rear seats once in a blue moon, and we have all kinds of critters up here in Alaska that like to get into things. So this will give a nice barrier for the seats go to into a shed.

CoughenPower

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Wow this is SUCH a fantastic hack! I just purchased my first jeep (2019 2 door wrangler sport s) and I don't plan on keeping the back seats in the car. This will protect them perfectly in my garage. Thanks!
Sponsored