Sponsored

πŸ’Ί Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK πŸ’ΊπŸ‘œ

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Like many others, I often remove the rear seat from my 2dr Wrangler. Seems like it is out for more months of the year then it is in..

Anyway, I found a very decent zip up, durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated bag that the 2dr. JL rear seat will fit in and with some room to spare on all side. The cover is actually very functional, looks decent and for under $11.00 ..... oh my. On edit 8/4/21 - Price is now $15.99 but well worth that amt.

Now, I can remove the JL rear seat, place it in the bag, along with moth balls and or dryer sheets and be fairly confident that the rear seat will not get eaten or pissed & shit on by mice, bugs, etc.. Of course, if you store the this bagged seat in your cow barn, etc. you may still have pest issues.

By the way, I store my rear seat on it's end of course I could store on it's side..

Here is the info on this find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures are amazon ad photos. Bag is looser on 2dr. JL rear seat on all sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL πŸ’Ί  Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK πŸ’ΊπŸ‘œ 02

Jeep Wrangler JL πŸ’Ί  Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK πŸ’ΊπŸ‘œ 03

Jeep Wrangler JL πŸ’Ί  Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK πŸ’ΊπŸ‘œ 04

Jeep Wrangler JL πŸ’Ί  Rear Seat Storage Bag Solution - 2 dr. JL or JK πŸ’ΊπŸ‘œ 01
Sponsored

Last edited:

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Are the straps actually strong enough to lift the seat when its loaded inside the bag? Or, is this something that you would simply use to cover once you transfer the seat to where you plan on storing it?

Thanks for posting too, i just sold my 2 door JK Sunday and when i went to get my rear seat out of storage (basement) it had some funk on it as it hasn't been in the jeep in 5-6 years ;). I was looking for a better storage solution for the JL and this with moth balls may be it.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KDB

The straps/handles are very strong but I would not try to lift the enclosed rear seat with them. That seat is pretty heavy.. and akward.

Also, the metal frame on the bottom of the seat may just get forced through the bag. The bag is quite thick though.

I just lay / open the bag on the floor and then lie the folded seat horizontally in the bag. I add dryer sheets and zipper up the bag. After this I place the enclosed bag with seat on it's end. At the top of the enclosed seat, the bag has say an extra foot that I just fold over.

Can tell you the bag is very very strong. Will not tear easily and I can see it lasting for years.

The zipper is really decent also.

For $11.00 the bag is a steal lets say. Affords lots of protection.

I did not mention earlier that the seat enclosed in a bag that does not pass light is less pat to fade while in storage.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01, thanks for the response, i agree for the monies it is a no brainer, will be ordering soon :rock:

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Thanks for the tip! I had been looking for something *exactly* like that but was resigned to use contractor bags.
At that price I think I’ll actually order two of them for extra peace of mind: place the seat in the first bag with dryer sheets, then in the second one with moth balls... then forget it for a good long while!
Thanks again. :like:

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Just ordered - laughed out loud when I saw the intended purpose (Christmas tree storage!). Super impressed by your ability to think outside the box and realize that it would actually be a great solution for our 2-door rear seats. :idea:
Now let’s hope the manufacturers don’t pick up on this bonus use, or they’ll start charging 5x more ;)

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently the seller thinks 1'5" equals 18" and 2'5" equals 30"... They did get the 5'6" = 66" right though... Sounds like someone is not good at math...

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered - laughed out loud when I saw the intended purpose (Christmas tree storage!). Super impressed by your ability to think outside the box and realize that it would actually be a great solution for our 2-door rear seats. :idea:
Now let’s hope the manufacturers don’t pick up on this bonus use, or they’ll start charging 5x more ;)
@CatskillsAlex

Did your bag ever get delivered. So, what did you think?

I'm really liking it!

01.jpg

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
@CatskillsAlex

Did your bag ever get delivered. So, what did you think?

I'm really liking it!

01.jpg
Thank you for asking! Your timing is impeccable: I was away for a couple of days and just came home an hour ago to find that package waiting for me. :clap:
The material seems nice and sturdy, and the price would be very hard to beat, especially with free delivery (Amazon Prime). :like:
Beyond that, I can’t really tell... as I don’t have any rear seat yet! I ordered my 2-door Rubi on 5/17 but probably won’t get it until late August at best. I am one of those overly trusting and optimistic souls who ordered the 2.0L Turbo. :facepalm:

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CatskillsAlex

Ya know, when I tracked down such a bag and when I got it, I thought geez, great find and others will really appreciate my finding such a bag. I figured a bunch of people would have posted afterwards they bought the bag..

Funny, only you and one other have commented on the bag.. Go figure............. ;)

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
@CatskillsAlex

Ya know, when I tracked down such a bag and when I got it, I thought geez, great find and others will really appreciate my finding such a bag. I figured a bunch of people would have posted afterwards they bought the bag..

Funny, only you and one other have commented on the bag.. Go figure............. ;)
Did you also post in some of the heavy-traffic threads, like the 2-door delivery thread? I agree, this is definitely a useful find! I bet that over time your idea will get reposted often. Until then, it gave us early adopters a headstart to order while supplies last... ;)

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
I just got it in the mail today!

wait till amazon realizes it should be priced 4x as a Jeep accessory!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got it in the mail today!

wait till amazon realizes it should be priced 4x as a Jeep accessory!
Yes, terrific for 2dr. JL or JK rear seat storage and it is a steal at $10.99 !

Don't anyone post any positive reviews or the price will go up.. :devil:

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
I just checked the Amazon.ca ( Canadian ) site. They have the same item but it is $54.77 ! WTF?
I'm pretty sure the exchange rate isn't 500% right now.
Sponsored