Sponsored

Rear Seat Recline

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
On our current JLUR I installed a $75 kit that helped my son and daughter in the back for the long road trips we do.

Does anyone have a method to do this on the 4xe?

Mahalo.
Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
THe 4xe rear seats are a true compromise and not somewhere I'd want to spend a long time in. With that said, kids are much lighter than adults and can probably manage just fine back there.

However, with the limited number of 4xes sold, it is doubtful anyone will come up with a solution any time soon.

I'd look into a DIY solution involving washers and spacers and see if you can build in an angle that way.

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
THe 4xe rear seats are a true compromise and not somewhere I'd want to spend a long time in. With that said, kids are much lighter than adults and can probably manage just fine back there.

However, with the limited number of 4xes sold, it is doubtful anyone will come up with a solution any time soon.

I'd look into a DIY solution involving washers and spacers and see if you can build in an angle that way.
That's essentially what I told the household commander.

I've seen people take the seats out completely, we just need to engineer a way to recline it.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Some food for thought, since each portion of the seat is two separate pieces (seat bottom and seat back). The rear recline in my Ram Crew cab slides the entire bottom of the seat forward, and the bottom of the seat back forward. (If that makes sense).

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some food for thought, since each portion of the seat is two separate pieces (seat bottom and seat back). The rear recline in my Ram Crew cab slides the entire bottom of the seat forward, and the bottom of the seat back forward. (If that makes sense).
Well this appears to be a solid base with mounting points for the two pieces: the seat bottom and the seat back. I'm hoping to engineer something with the mechanism unlocks to allow the seat back to fold down/stops the seat from moving further back when the seat back is pulled back up.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
To reignite this old thread, anyone with a 4xe figure out how to get the rear seat to recline?

I’d like to buy a 4xe but I take my Jeep on road trips with my kids and being able to tilt the seat back based on past experience with my current JL is a must.

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
To reignite this old thread, anyone with a 4xe figure out how to get the rear seat to recline?

I’d like to buy a 4xe but I take my Jeep on road trips with my kids and being able to tilt the seat back based on past experience with my current JL is a must.
I don't see this happening without major modifications - there is a metal piece about six inches high all the way across the back of the seats, I believe intended to help protect the battery. The base of the rear seats sits on top of the battery (no air below). The legroom is already small so moving the seats forward seems like an uncomfortable solution.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don't see this happening without major modifications - there is a metal piece about six inches high all the way across the back of the seats, I believe intended to help protect the battery. The base of the rear seats sits on top of the battery (no air below). The legroom is already small so moving the seats forward seems like an uncomfortable solution.
Gotcha. It’s a shame Jeep didn’t try and work seat tilt into the design of the 4xe.
Not sure who test the seats in the back row but it must not be for any time greater than 15 mins.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Gotcha. It’s a shame Jeep didn’t try and work seat tilt into the design of the 4xe.
Not sure who test the seats in the back row but it must not be for any time greater than 15 mins.
The seat cushion is extremely thin due to the battery placement. It was 100% a compromise. They could have used some better cushioning, but probably weren't wanting to spend a lot of time and money on a feature (reclining back seat) that doesn't really sell Jeeps.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The seat cushion is extremely thin due to the battery placement. It was 100% a compromise. They could have used some better cushioning, but probably weren't wanting to spend a lot of time and money on a feature (reclining back seat) that doesn't really sell Jeeps.
You’re not wrong, but sadly if I can’t figure out a way to mod it, then it’s enough to keep me from buying one.

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

My 15 year old hopped out of the 2020 JLUR (rear seat recline kit installed) to the 2021 JLURe and went, "oh this isn't bad at all!"

He hasn't complained about it one bit since we took delivery in late November.
Sponsored