Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
I finally got to a local dealership to climb around inside a new JLU and noticed that the rear seats look to be similar enough to the JKU's that the recline kit ($50 or so on Amazon) would work.

Has anyone tried this or any other option to get a bit more recline in those rear seats?

We've got some summer trips planned and would like minimum complaints from the kids in back! :)

Thanks!

Jeff
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can't you guys solve this problem by only driving uphill?! ;)

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The JL' s seats are already declined about the same as the JK with the kit...

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I just got back from the dealer and had the same complaint. Did not see any method of adjusting provided within the car but will have to recline it back with a kit. Does anyone know of the Tuffy Security Enclosure worked on the JK with rear seat kit installed. Hoping when Tuffy comes out with a JL version...it will work with the rear seat kit.

Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I have always installed the seat back recline kit to the rear seats 4 door (Block kit or stacked washers) and was excited to see that Jeep has reclined the rear on the JLU.
Went to local dealer, sat in the rear of a JLU sport and Rubicon JLU and the rear seats is no difference in recline, maybe 1in difference.
I will be installing the seat recline kit as soon as my JLUR arrives.

To bad Jeep did not include a lever to recline and we have to use the recline kit. Why cause the seats won't fold flat?

Still the best mod for the rear to recline though.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
The bolts for the seats are very long and you have to use a breaker bar to remove them. One the recline kit is installed the bolts take a lot of turns to get very tight so I guess in a collision I doubt they would break as the frame for the seats are not very thick metal and probably would bend the seat frame before it snapped the thick bolts.
Sponsored