Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I can't get the bolt square so that they will go back in. We were out there for a few hours trying to get them in. Is there some kind of trick to it?
Pushing and pulling on the seat and the bracing arms is what I did. I had one that was tough but I eventually got it to line up and go in. No other real tricks I have than that. Sorry
Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I can't get the bolt square so that they will go back in. We were out there for a few hours trying to get them in. Is there some kind of trick to it?
I assume you are talking about the new bolts under the front side of the seats. If you loosen the 3 bolts behind the seat (don’t remove, just loosen well, like half an inch or so if I recall correctly) you should be able to maneuver the seats well enough to get the bolts under the front of the seats back in easy peasy. I didn’t have any issues at all, so I don’t really have any tricks to share either.

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
Pushing and pulling on the seat and the bracing arms is what I did. I had one that was tough but I eventually got it to line up and go in. No other real tricks I have than that. Sorry
OMG, do you want to come put my Jeep back together? LOL, just jokes...no, but really, do you;) This is beyond frustrating. It's like assembling furniture or putting up the X-Mas tree! My husband and I are about to kill each other.

blue_rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The tip to use a small prybar was fantastic! It took a minute or two to get the rear cover off. I used the prybar from the seat side and just worked my way across, like someone else said, working it the same way you'd pull out nails or remove house trim or carpet tacks. There was also minimal damage to the cover and the clips, so reinstallation should be fairly easy.

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, do you want to come put my Jeep back together? LOL, just jokes...no, but really, do you;) This is beyond frustrating. It's like assembling furniture or putting up the X-Mas tree! My husband and I are about to kill each other.
A visit to Ikea really tests a marriage :) IF y'all were closer I would have made the drive up! Did you get it sorted out?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texas_Yote

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase

erickdiaz019

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Does this rear seat recline modification compromise the integrity of the rear seat in case of an accident?
Sponsored