Rear seat recline comfort

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I saw a post about the JL rear seat recline being the same as a stock JK. Has anyone done the recline kit or can confirm it will work in the JL?
Sponsored

JaytheJeepGuy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜98 Jeep Cherokee (sold), ā€˜98 TJ (RIP), ā€˜07 JK (sold), ā€˜15 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I haven't taken delivery of mine yet, but the JLs I sat in on dealer lots appeared to have better rear seat recline than the JK. I thought I read a post around launch that stated it was improved.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I haven't taken delivery of mine yet, but the JLs I sat in on dealer lots appeared to have better rear seat recline than the JK. I thought I read a post around launch that stated it was improved.
I don't know if they were improved, but my kids are complaining about the angle of the seat back.

OP
OP
Rick12785

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
A previous post said it was better than the JK but then someone said it wasn't and they would be doing the recline kit. Just curious if anyone has put the JK kit in and how it worked.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I saw a post about the JL rear seat recline being the same as a stock JK. Has anyone done the recline kit or can confirm it will work in the JL?
I saw a YouTube video of a kit from J.C. Whitney that reclines the rear seats a little more!

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Havenā€™t taken angle measurements, but was told and I read somewhere that itā€™s better on the JL. I have no idea why they canā€™t add a user adjustable recline on those seats. FCA said they would fix all the issues with the JK on the JL, but this is one i wouldā€™ve expected to be done.

On my JK I did the rear seat include mod and I would recommend against it. It required adding spacers the seat brackets that bolted to the floor. I think this had a chance of weakening the seat and could have consequences if in an accident.

So far my kids, more like young adults, havenā€™t complained about the seats.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Yeah, better than the JK, but not as comfortable as it needs to be.
Sponsored