Sponsored

Rear seat air vents

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know if the rear seat vents are connected to floor or vent settings for airflow? Is temp controlled by drive or passenger in dual zone?
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Does anyone know if the rear seat vents are connected to floor or vent settings for airflow? Is temp controlled by drive or passenger in dual zone?
I'm guessing here because I dont know, but to guess, I would say that it's connected to the vent setting controlled by passenger settings.

OP
OP
C5er

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The local dealer had a Sahara in and I checked it out. Rear vents only work on vent setting and temp is controlled by passenger side

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so what does that mean no ac in the back? vent only?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
ok That is what I thought but i wasn't sure

OP
OP
C5er

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Correct whatever temp comes out rear vent when air selector is set in vent level

Boomer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
So how is the air flow for rear seat passengers? I saw one reviewer who said he was cold in the rear seat. I’d appreciate any thoughts as we have two dogs and this is a key feature we would like to have on our next vehicle. Mainly worried about cooling where we are.

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
So how is the air flow for rear seat passengers? I saw one reviewer who said he was cold in the rear seat. I’d appreciate any thoughts as we have two dogs and this is a key feature we would like to have on our next vehicle. Mainly worried about cooling where we are.
We have a Newfoundland puppy and we're in Houston, Texas. Newfoundlands are very heat sensitive, especially as puppies. We have the JLU Sahara. The puppy's crate is strapped down behind the front passenger seat, taking up the 2/3rds rear seat, folded down.

We use the AC on 4-6 to cool down the Jeep. Once cooled down, the puppy is fine with the AC on 3. We usually shut the far left and far right vents in front (increasing airflow to the rear) and direct the two middle vents towards the back.

Both my brother and the dog were comfortable in 80+ F weather with the AC fan on 3 or 4. We had similar experiences with just the puppy in 90F weather.

Let me know if you have other questions.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
We usually shut the far left and far right vents in front (increasing airflow to the rear) and direct the two middle vents towards the back.
That works or I also adjust my front vents to blow up over my head so the air goes to the back and is not directly on me allowing me to keep the temp setting lower and sending more to the rear.

Sponsored

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
No, means it blows air (cold or hot) when the vent is set (as opposed to feet, defrost, etc..)
If you look under the driver and passenger seat there is a blower for feet as well. My wife actually found it when pulling carpet up looking for a key that fell next to the console.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
If you look under the driver and passenger seat there is a blower for feet as well. My wife actually found it when pulling carpet up looking for a key that fell next to the console.
I was specifically talking about the rear vents located in the center console.

Boomer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
We have a Newfoundland puppy and we're in Houston, Texas. Newfoundlands are very heat sensitive, especially as puppies. We have the JLU Sahara. The puppy's crate is strapped down behind the front passenger seat, taking up the 2/3rds rear seat, folded down.

We use the AC on 4-6 to cool down the Jeep. Once cooled down, the puppy is fine with the AC on 3. We usually shut the far left and far right vents in front (increasing airflow to the rear) and direct the two middle vents towards the back.

Both my brother and the dog were comfortable in 80+ F weather with the AC fan on 3 or 4. We had similar experiences with just the puppy in 90F weather.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Outstanding. Thanks for the very helpful reply. Glad your puppy and your brother are comfortable back there. Do you have the hard top and headliners by chance?

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Outstanding. Thanks for the very helpful reply. Glad your puppy and your brother are comfortable back there. Do you have the hard top and headliners by chance?
Yes to both. We ordered the headliners more for sound than temperature. When you're on the Gulf Coast, it doesn't matter; your car is going to get hot inside. Parking in the shade (or in a parking garage) does more to help than anything else.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
A bit unrelated but can I turn off the passenger vent and just have the driver vents on? Or can this only be done manually by closing the vents. I ask this mostly for leg ventilation..
Sponsored