Sponsored

Rear Ride Height on the 392 is uneven....any suggestions?

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
The right rear is lower than the left by about an inch. It is noticeable. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for the help.
Best, Bret.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
The right rear is lower than the left by about an inch. It is noticeable. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for the help.
Best, Bret.
Seems no one else has had that issue, and sorry that I'm no help, I'm just curious if you've had it to the dealer yet, or located the cause?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
With a full tank of gas, and someone in the drivers seat??

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
How did you measure? I say this because my right side exhaust tips are about 1” lower on the right side than the left (but measured at the bumper the Jeep sits level). I think I’ve heard others mention this too.

OP
OP

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response guys. On level concrete i measured ride height at left and right rear wheel well openings. Solid ruler (with level for plumb) at/over the center wheel cap. No one in vehicle, no cargo, full tank of fuel. 200 miles on odo, it has not been to the dealer.
Best,
Bret.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Ever freaking wrangler jk jl stock lifted new old unless you intentionally put spacer on the passenger side, it all like that. Don’t believe that fuel tank is on the passenger side crap bs. Eco diesel fuel tank is on the driver side and it still lean to the right…….

Just stand behind a wrangler and see yourself.. also my driver side was higher by 1/4 inch, fuel tank empty.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Uneven height has long been a characteristic of Jeeps. The issue is the lack of consistency. Some are level, some are .5" off, some are 1.5" off. I haven't measured the body but the right exhaust pipes are half an inch lower than my left.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
How did you measure? I say this because my right side exhaust tips are about 1” lower on the right side than the left (but measured at the bumper the Jeep sits level). I think I’ve heard others mention this too.
I do not mean to derail this thread, but any fix on that? My right tailpipes are a half inch lower. I can push up on the right side to bring it level but there is no give when I push up on the left side. I haven't gotten under the Jeep to inspect.

OP
OP

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what we are saying is 25 years from now when a Rubi-392 rolls down the lane at Barrett Jackson Mike Joy and Rick DeBruhl will comment on how original this Jeep is because it lists to the starboard side.:LOL:;) Thanks again folks, Ill try to ignore it until it get's it's first service at the dealership.
Sponsored