Sponsored

Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what the part number is for it? It is the 90° fitting that goes into the rear of the valve cover that the PCV hose connects to.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
By fitting, do you mean the PCV valve itself? Might as well replace the valve if you have to pull it off to reseal it.

68210345AC for the PCV valve with O-Ring

68217337AA for the O-Ring alone.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By fitting, do you mean the PCV valve itself? Might as well replace the valve if you have to pull it off to reseal it.

68210345AC for the PCV valve with O-Ring

68217337AA for the O-Ring alone.
Not the PCV (it is on the front of the engine, if my memory serves).

I am talking about the 90° fitting on the rear top of the passenger side valve cover. The OEM tube attaches to it and runs down the passenger side of the engine to the front.

I removed this tube when I installed the UPR catch can, but the fitting stays in the valve cover to attach the UPR hose onto.

It is this fitting's o-ring (I assume there is an o-ring) that is leaking and I want to change it.

Make sense?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@mwilk012 - I went to grab a photo and I can see it may actually be the UPR hose that is the issue (unless the valve cover nipple is cracked).

I'll ping them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 20221206_142143

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That’s the pcv valve. The leak is most likely from that elbow that it looks like UPR supplied.

If that elbow is the oem part, it’s not serviced separately from the hose.

image.jpg

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the pcv valve. The leak is most likely from that elbow that it looks like UPR supplied.

If that elbow is the oem part, it’s not serviced separately from the hose.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? image
OK; I thought the PCV was on the front of the engine on the left side. The elbow is UPR and I have reached out to them to see about a replacement or if there are replaceable seals. I will go ahead and grab a new PCV as well--might as well change it and the oil control solenoid o-ring on that side as it is leaking some too.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@mwilk012 - reached out to UPR on Tuesday and a new hose is in the mail today; no questions asked (just sent a photo).

Great customer service!

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
@mwilk012 - I went to grab a photo and I can see it may actually be the UPR hose that is the issue (unless the valve cover nipple is cracked).

I'll ping them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? image
How much of a mess did this leak make? I just noticed a leak and it looks to be coming from that location. Glad I saw this as now I have a place to start! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How much of a mess did this leak make? I just noticed a leak and it looks to be coming from that location. Glad I saw this as now I have a place to start! :)
It has not started dripping yet, but there is a pretty heavy oil film around the PCV "nozzle" and around the top of the valve cover. What I cannot tell is if this is the PCV hose leaking (note it is the UPR hose going to the catch can) or if it is the actual PCV.

I have over 60K miles on it now so I am going to change the PCV as well as the hose. What I would love to know is if anyone has changed a PCV on the 3.6L because it is on the rear of the passenger valve cover and you cannot really see or interact with it.

It appears to have a tab that you manipulate and then twist to remove it.

Also, for the curious, here is the part number and pricing from BAM Wholesale (where I ordered it):

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
68210345ACPCV - VALVE 68210345AA$22.471$22.47

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 20221220_135039
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 20221220_135029
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 20221220_135022

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@snapper692 - did some searching and one of the guys on the BITOG forum posted this:

I literally had to break the tab off the old one as I could not release the tab and turn counterclockwise at the same time. Not to mention aligning the new one into the keyway turn lock by feel of hand.

This was my concern; e.g. not being able to manipulate the tab and rotate it WITHOUT damaging the valve cover. The end of the exhaust camshaft fits into the opening on the PCV (brown area) so I would surmise removing the valve cover would not help either.

I will be diving into it after the holidays and changing the o-ring on the variable valve lift solenoids as they are leaking too (both sides). The driver's side will be more than a PITA to change, but the passenger side is not too difficult:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 3079FCAB-2D6D-430C-AAEE-D253F4F29CB3

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
@snapper692 - did some searching and one of the guys on the BITOG forum posted this:

I literally had to break the tab off the old one as I could not release the tab and turn counterclockwise at the same time. Not to mention aligning the new one into the keyway turn lock by feel of hand.

This was my concern; e.g. not being able to manipulate the tab and rotate it WITHOUT damaging the valve cover. The end of the exhaust camshaft fits into the opening on the PCV (brown area) so I would surmise removing the valve cover would not help either.

I will be diving into it after the holidays and changing the o-ring on the variable valve lift solenoids as they are leaking too (both sides). The driver's side will be more than a PITA to change, but the passenger side is not too difficult:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear passenger side PCV hose connector gasket or o-ring? 3079FCAB-2D6D-430C-AAEE-D253F4F29CB3
Thanks for the details.....Been cruising BITG as well, I see you've spent some time there as well! :)

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like i have some dripping form this same spot (hitting the manifold), so i can see/smell it. I'll contact for a new hose as well. Thanks for the awareness of this!

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have to hand it to UPR CS, they sent me a new hose (as well), no questions. I replaced it and confirmed the original hose was leaking from the PCV-side fitting. About 44k on the catch can/hoses.
Sponsored