Rear Panel Window Delaminating

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
Have you seen any instances where the rear side glass has “runs” inside the glass itself? I was hoping it would just wipe away, but it’s definitely embedded and rough to the touch. The dealer said the glass will need to be replaced, but I was thinking the entire panel would only take 30 seconds to swap out under warranty instead of trying to replace only the glass.

Second issue is the Sky-One rear seal is 1/4” too short in the rear passenger corner. You can see daylight from the inside!

Bringing my new ‘21 in for warranty work has me on pins & needles, ugh!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Panel Window Delaminating B55B27A2-31EE-4DBC-9311-4971BF070439

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Have you seen any instances where the rear side glass has “runs” inside the glass itself? I was hoping it would just wipe away, but it’s definitely embedded and rough to the touch. The dealer said the glass will need to be replaced, but I was thinking the entire panel would only take 30 seconds to swap out under warranty instead of trying to replace only the glass.

Second issue is the Sky-One rear seal is 1/4” too short in the rear passenger corner. You can see daylight from the inside!

Bringing my new ‘21 in for warranty work has me on pins & needles, ugh!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Panel Window Delaminating IMG_1932.MOV

Has this concern been resolved at this time? If you still need assistance after visiting the dealer, please let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
GeeGuid

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
Has this concern been resolved at this time? If you still need assistance after visiting the dealer, please let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks Kate. So I brought the Jeep in for the rear panel glass replacement. They, in turn, contracted a glass company which scratched the entire perimeter of the panel. The panel is currently in repaint. I hope it matches although the painter explained there’s no way it will look factory again since some gouges are behind the glass and he cannot get to many of them.

After this catastrophe, there is no way I’m leaving my new Jeep with the dealer to remove the Sky One top to replace a seal. I have zero confidence this will be done correctly and the glass replacement proved my worst fear. I’m hoping a dab of silicone or weatherstripping will do the job.

Sad for a $58k vehicle to leave the factory without a thorough quality inspection...frustrating!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks Kate. So I brought the Jeep in for the rear panel glass replacement. They, in turn, contracted a glass company which scratched the entire perimeter of the panel. The panel is currently in repaint. I hope it matches although the painter explained there’s no way it will look factory again since some gouges are behind the glass and he cannot get to many of them.

After this catastrophe, there is no way I’m leaving my new Jeep with the dealer to remove the Sky One top to replace a seal. I have zero confidence this will be done correctly and the glass replacement proved my worst fear. I’m hoping a dab of silicone or weatherstripping will do the job.

Sad for a $58k vehicle to leave the factory without a thorough quality inspection...frustrating!
I'm very sorry to hear of this situation, GeeGuid. If you need any further assistance, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored