Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Can someone confirm for me that the middle rear seat's headrest can in fact elevate and be lowered when the seat is in the raised position, to accommodate varying "torso to top of head" lengths among passengers?

And does this applies to both the 2 and 4 door JL's?

(The JT, for argument sake, we'll exclude from discussion here, although I hope my answer is "yes," as the "next stop" for someone's backward head movement in a short stop, in lieu of the type of headrest I describe, might be the back window.)

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jgantic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2014
Can someone confirm for me that the middle rear seat's headrest can in fact elevate and be lowered when the seat is in the raised position, to accommodate varying "torso to top of head" lengths among passengers?

And does this applies to both the 2 and 4 door JL's?

(The JT, for argument sake, we'll exclude from discussion here, although I hope my answer is "yes," as the "next stop" for someone's backward head movement in a short stop, in lieu of the type of headrest I describe, might be the back window.)

Thanks.
I may have missed some earlier posts, but I assume from your question that the 2018 Wrangler will have a middle seat headrest in the back row? I have 3 kids, so would be a great addition (for me at least) if true. Thanks!

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Forrest's really thorough YouTube video walk through of the JLU, appearing as an Administrator created post, but specifically queued up here,

strongly suggest that the 2 steel pillars which support the middle rear seat headrest, (whose back smartly doubles as a cup holder with the inner portion of this middle seat down--featured), lean towards this headrest's vertical height being adjustable.

What's the story with the gas cap cover, which this Sahara doesn't have? That's not standard, but rather optional like in was in the JK(U)?

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Went to the LA show this morning. Removed the center headrest of a jlu sahara as it was limiting the seat from folding flatter. It slid up quite a bit before you had to pinch the post base to finally remove.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the story with the gas cap cover, which this Sahara doesn't have? That's not standard, but rather optional like in was in the JK(U)?
It’s only equipped standard on the Rubi. It’s an option from Mopar on all others.
Sponsored