Sponsored

Rear Mattress Suggestions?

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm planning a long road trip in a month and looking for suggestions on a mattress for my JL unlimited. I'm riding solo with my dog. I'm a bigger guy so Id like good support. Any suggestions on something comfortable and easy to setup?
Sponsored

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I don't know how big you are but I used a twin air mattress in my jlu and it works fine. It was $20 from big 5, there is the deepsleep but that's about $200. Try and twin regular mattress, if you don't like it, then give it to the kiddos to play on.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Does it need R value for insulation ex. You’ll see some lower temps? If not cheap air mattress as was said. If it does need R value for car camping usages I really like the exped megamat and you can pick your poison on which one to get.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I am not fond of the inflatable thingies.. I bought this 5 inch memory foam mattress.. then cut to conform to the shape of the rear of my 4 door JL... super comfy!.. it won't deflate.. quite insulating .. and most probably good support for bigger guys (no idea because I am a 5'6"" little punkass LOL)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6Z033T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I combine it with memory pillows and a weighted blanket .. and during winter I add a quality winter sleeping bag..

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I'm planning a long road trip in a month and looking for suggestions on a mattress for my JL unlimited. I'm riding solo with my dog. I'm a bigger guy so Id like good support. Any suggestions on something comfortable and easy to setup?
LOL been there and done that in my XJ 2 door. Try 136,XXX miles from Dec 1984 to Dec 1989. I used a sleeping bag on top of a Therm-a-Rest Sleeping pad. I am 6'2", 175. I bought that pad in '73 and slept on it around the world and finally gave it away in 2015 to a Boy Scout, served this old Infantry soldier well.

Are you going to take the rear seat out? I do on al my SWBs, in fact the first thing to go when I get a new one home is take out rear seat, gives my dogs more room too. I also take out the passenger front seat. Its where I sleep on trail runs

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

I am a bigger size guy. 6'4" 265 and my wife is 5'10" about 150. We use a deep sleep mattress when sleeping in the back of the Jeep. The dog also joins us too. If you play with the amount of air in the mattress, it is as comfortable as a bed mattress. We has slept in the b ack of the Jeep many times. The deep sleep mattress is designed to fit tight in the back of a JLU. This way you can't roll off it in the night. We hook a tent to the back of the Jeep, unload our gear into the tent and then sleep in the back of the JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Mattress Suggestions? 1686407317474

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Mattress Suggestions? 1686407427342

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Mattress Suggestions? 1686407561268

1686407533199.png

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Any input on the deep sleep mats?

Looking for feedback. Wouldnrather not have the air mattress.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

I am a bigger size guy. 6'4" 265 and my wife is 5'10" about 150. We use a deep sleep mattress when sleeping in the back of the Jeep. The dog also joins us too. If you play with the amount of air in the mattress, it is as comfortable as a bed mattress. We has slept in the b ack of the Jeep many times. The deep sleep mattress is designed to fit tight in the back of a JLU. This way you can't roll off it in the night. We hook a tent to the back of the Jeep, unload our gear into the tent and then sleep in the back of the JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Mattress Suggestions? 1686407533199

What kind of tent is this? Does it cinch up pretty snug to the Jeep to keep bugs out?

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Both DeepSleep mattresses are comfortable. I currently have the solo and it works great.
My DeepSleep mattress is very comfy with an added foam topper to keep out the cold air. Last trip I woke up in the morning with 1/4 of the air lost. Not sure if user error or if my mattress has just seen better days. This was the first time I've had that issue. Next time I'm going to try with just the foam and leave the mattress at home.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What kind of tent is this? Does it cinch up pretty snug to the Jeep to keep bugs out?
It does cinch up pretty good. We did not have issues with bugs.

Tent

it says it’s unavailable right now . Search suv tent on Amazon there are many like mine.
Sponsored