imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So, today I decided to do some light wheeling with my son and his 14 Saharan, and while out I figured I would try out all of the Rubicons features now that I have 900 miles on it. Well, I put it in 4 low, locked both lockers and hit a pretty decent hill. Finished up, shut off the front lockers, kept the rear on and put it in 4 hi. They stayed engaged! I thought it was a fluke, so I disconnected, and drove about 50 feet, then reconnected rear lockers. The front will not engage, but the rears definitely did! I then put it directly into 2wd and the lockers still said it was engaged, even in the off-road pages. Once again, I didn’t believe it, until I hit the pavement. Damn.! Still engaged! I manually disengaged it, and drives fine! If this is a feature that is an accident, I don’t want it to change! I love it. Or, did I not get the memo, and this is how they are?
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
So, today I decided to do some light wheeling with my son and his 14 Saharan, and while out I figured I would try out all of the Rubicons features now that I have 900 miles on it. Well, I put it in 4 low, locked both lockers and hit a pretty decent hill. Finished up, shut off the front lockers, kept the rear on and put it in 4 hi. They stayed engaged! I thought it was a fluke, so I disconnected, and drove about 50 feet, then reconnected rear lockers. The front will not engage, but the rears definitely did! I then put it directly into 2wd and the lockers still said it was engaged, even in the off-road pages. Once again, I didn’t believe it, until I hit the pavement. Damn.! Still engaged! I manually disengaged it, and drives fine! If this is a feature that is an accident, I don’t want it to change! I love it. Or, did I not get the memo, and this is how they are?
I thought I noticed this as well, but I've never seen anyone else mention it. I haven't had someone else drive it so I can visually confirm it can stay locked in 2wd, but it seemed to do just that when I was messing around a couple weeks back.

Inquiring minds want to know :movember:

OP
OP
imjester77

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So this is what I see and I can absolutely confirm that my rear is locked! Crazy right?! 2wd!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear lockers in 2wd? 97C1CA19-BAAC-45E3-B458-039623A2AEA1

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bad locker sensor. If you’re still under warranty, the dealer will replace the whole axle!! My JT is currently in the dealer for this issue.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
do you guys have a Tazer? Mine does that, but I have a Tazer and I expect it to stay on sometimes so I can drift.

Its obvious when you turn, can hear the tire dragging slightly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
imjester77

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you guys have a Tazer? Mine does that, but I have a Tazer and I expect it to stay on sometimes so I can drift.

Its obvious when you turn, can hear the tire dragging slightly.
Nope, bone stock still. Nothing done yet using the tazer.