Rear License Plate Relocation

Buccodrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I just upgraded the factory plastic bumpers to Fishbone Mako front and rear bumpers and the rear does not have a spot for a license plate. I am looking for a relocation bracket that has a light and does not require removal of the spare. I currently have the plate zip tied to the spare but I don't want it scratching up the rim. Anyone have any suggestions?

345080-b5ed16639b361a169f128b27b0a8f322.jpg

jeep 2.jpg
Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I have struggled with this since I replaced my OEM rear bumper. My wife ABSOLUTELY HATES the current location on the spare. I tried the LOD bracket, but it hangs about 2" off the left side. There isn't a mounting point on the Smittybilt Gen 2 XRC rear bumper. The provide mounting hardware to mount on the spare. A local shop suggested using the hitch mount, but that's not really any better in my opinion. And my wife hates that location even more...LOL

Rear Quarter.jpg

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
Same boat here. Just purchased the mako rear and bought the GP Factor license plate relocation bracket (with led light and camera relocation). Girlfriend immediately hated it when she saw the pic but she’ll have to hate it til I figure out something else.

OP
OP
Buccodrew

Buccodrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I ended up ordering the ARB 5750390 relocation bracket and the Poison Spider 3rd brake light/license plate light. It's the simplest bracket I have seen and doesn't require moving the camera. It won't be in until August though so I will have to wait to post pictures.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have the Fishbone Mako bumper and went through this as well.

i bought a hitch for my jeep so i could use my bike rack. I was going to have this fabbed up but found they already make/sell them on Amazon. I bought a Curt hitch mounted license plate holder.

Last time i went offroading it hit once when i wasnt careful going down a slight drop. Didnt damage anything. Next time ill just remove it and toss it in the back of the jeep till its time to go home.

i was going to see about repurposing the factory plate light with a quick release harness but havent got around to it yet.
I dont like the look of spare tire mounted plates and then you have to remove all that when you remove the spare. Didnt really like the top of thr bumper options with thr plate sitting out there in space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation 35E05F61-5DF1-4D1D-A34F-786077B8E87E
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation F1E6C2A8-D2E5-45C3-88EE-6C6B6143DA25

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I have the LOD relocation. I like that it moves the 3rd brake to the same spot and clears up the rear window vision a bit. Only issue is with my wheel offset Of +1, the studs that hold the mount are in the camera view. Once I chop those off It’ll be great.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation 64ECDD91-2F51-41FC-8131-8892489CB1B4

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I have struggled with this since I replaced my OEM rear bumper. My wife ABSOLUTELY HATES the current location on the spare. I tried the LOD bracket, but it hangs about 2" off the left side. There isn't a mounting point on the Smittybilt Gen 2 XRC rear bumper. The provide mounting hardware to mount on the spare. A local shop suggested using the hitch mount, but that's not really any better in my opinion. And my wife hates that location even more...LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation 64ECDD91-2F51-41FC-8131-8892489CB1B4
looks good right where it is.

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have the LOD relocation. I like that it moves the 3rd brake to the same spot and clears up the rear window vision a bit. Only issue is with my wheel offset Of +1, the studs that hold the mount are in the camera view. Once I chop those off It’ll be great.

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. Where did you splice your light bolts in to?

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have the CavFab bumper with the same problem. My solution was easier though as I'm still rocking the stock 33s that come with the Rubi so I went with the spare delete plate from Artec and throw the spare in the back when wheeling. Probably go with the CavFab or Motobilt when I go larger tires, the CavFab come with a spot for everything. Not sure on where those are wired from but the Artec kit runs the wires from the old license plate spot into the tailgate.

OP
OP
Buccodrew

Buccodrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I just upgraded the factory plastic bumpers to Fishbone Mako front and rear bumpers and the rear does not have a spot for a license plate. I am looking for a relocation bracket that has a light and does not require removal of the spare. I currently have the plate zip tied to the spare but I don't want it scratching up the rim. Anyone have any suggestions?

345080-b5ed16639b361a169f128b27b0a8f322.jpg

jeep 2.jpg
So with Covid there wasn’t much around where I live to go look at relocation brackets. I ended up buying the ARB relocation bracket which didn’t say it had a light so I also purchased the Poison Spider license plate/center taillight replacement. About a month later Quadratech shipped the ARB bracket. I assumed the light would come soon after so I set it aside. Well an additional month later the Poison Spider light showed up. When I opened the ARB bracket I found it was intended for Canadian license plates which are a different size and bolt pattern. What I ended up doing is mounting the ARB bracket and installing the Poison Spider behind it. I used bolts and nuts to mount the plate in front, pinching the ARB in between. It works well, my only issue would be that it shakes pretty good when I slam the gate but it seems to hold just fine. I pulled the old plate light wires up and into the cab then across to power the license plate light. I grabbed the wire for the 3rd brake light for the replacement. I was able to use the factory grommet to run the wires out to the Poison Spider harness which hides the wires quite well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation 4A2CE366-3A40-4F74-BC8E-1662BCA8A390

Sponsored

Jgriffin1127

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear License Plate Relocation 4A2CE366-3A40-4F74-BC8E-1662BCA8A390
I have the same issue with the same wheels on my JLUR. What are you using in this picture for your license plate bracket?

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!