Rear LED park light not working

kstjarre

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Sport S, 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Im not sure if anyone has had this issue with their JL yet but its worth a shot. My rear driver side park light has been going on and off lately. It is usually on when i leave the house in the morning and its off by the time i get to work, it seems to come and go as it pleases. I checked all the connections for the light and checked for power at the park light connection and it doesnt seem to have power when this issue pops up. Is there maybe a fuse for each light? The brake/turn, blind spot monitor and reverse light all work normal, it is only the outer ring and the little LED side light that go out. Also it is the factory light with the safety package not installed later on. If anyone has any ideas i would appeciate the help, im supposed to take a 2000 mile trip with it this week but not if i cant get it fixed, i dont need any out of state tickets. Dealer cant look at it till the 26th. Thanks
Sponsored

Wmoroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Mine just started same exact thing. The drivers side tail light ring and the side marker both out. Brake and blinker works. Did you resolve your issue?

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Sounds like a spread terminal.... Most likely at the light or the connection in the right sill would be my guess

Wmoroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
After checking the light in mine myself, I’m pretty sure the light fixture itself is bad. I checked all the plug in connections and swapped and saw nothing wrong, so I swapped sides with the taillights and it followed the fixture. I’ll take it to the dealer Monday and see if I can get them to order me one.

Sponsored

LethalG

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 2.0
I live in Italy I got a JL with Led tail lights , my stop and direction right light doesn’t work , the fuse is only one for the entire light and is ok , on January the car will be at FCA , I will update .

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I know this thread is old ...but has anyone gotten a resolution to this? ...my passenger side is doing the same thing.

exploderjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the same going on,(tail light out, stop and turn work) the dealership has ordered a replacement, covered by warranty but after getting 2 ship dates for the replacement they now tell me they do not have a ETA.

T-Macc

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Im not sure if anyone has had this issue with their JL yet but its worth a shot. My rear driver side park light has been going on and off lately. It is usually on when i leave the house in the morning and its off by the time i get to work, it seems to come and go as it pleases. I checked all the connections for the light and checked for power at the park light connection and it doesnt seem to have power when this issue pops up. Is there maybe a fuse for each light? The brake/turn, blind spot monitor and reverse light all work normal, it is only the outer ring and the little LED side light that go out. Also it is the factory light with the safety package not installed later on. If anyone has any ideas i would appeciate the help, im supposed to take a 2000 mile trip with it this week but not if i cant get it fixed, i dont need any out of state tickets. Dealer cant look at it till the 26th. Thanks
Same thing just happen to me. Rear driver side
Sponsored