Sponsored

Rear fog for Europe requirements?

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
We’re moving to Belgium soon and I read that they have the same requirement for rearward facing (red) fog lights so I was shopping around but figured I’d ask in here if any other Americans shipped their US Jeeps over there and how you did it?

I was just going to get a hitch mounted light and wire it to the ignition power but not quite sure what the easiest way to do so would be.

hanks for your time!
- Kenny
Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I doubt they would approve a hitch mounted light. The rules say it needs to be on the left side.
It was not a Jeep, but when we imported our car into Germany, we had to replace the tail lamps with the EU version and also the head lamp switch which incorporated the fog light. Hopefully you do not need to do that because with the sensors, the wrangler lights are really expensive.
This dude did it Portugal, which should be the same basic rules.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/convert-us-jeep-to-eu-spec-road-legal.100390/

OP
OP
Signing Spock

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
Blah, does it have to hang below the bumper or do you think I could mount one in where the US-spec license plate is on our bumpers (I’ll be moving ours to the spare tire due to not being able to fit either of the Euro plates in the factory location).

And the Jeep we’re bringing is a Willys Sport so no smart sensor taillights. But I still haven’t seen where we need orange lights for blinkers? Most all the cars I see for Sale in the area don’t have amber lights for the rear blinkers?

OP
OP
Signing Spock

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
Received those and test installed them on my Jeep to validate that they work and, of course, my terrible luck…they don’t work as advertised 🤦‍♂️ sending back today.

so I’m frustration, I went digging for more information on whether Amber turn signals were even required in Belgium and sure enough, they’re not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear fog for Europe requirements? IMG_6052

I still need a rear mounted fog, but I can have one or two (but I’m going to do just one). Still trying to find a small diffused red LED pod to put on the back, above the license plate area.