First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I have BFG KO2’s 35x12.5R18 tires on my Jeep with Spidertrax wheel spacers. Living 7 miles down a dirt road, the rock that comes off the front tires is beating the crap out of the front of the rear fenders. It’s even worst when it rains!

Any of you having the same problem? If so what are you doing to solve the issue?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Welcome to Jeep ownership.

Even a stock Jeep does this if it doesn't have goofy mud flaps and wide running boards. And most people don't want those.

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
Same thing happens to mine. But, to be honest.. I didn't buy it to look pretty :)

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have BFG KO2’s 35x12.5R18 tires on my Jeep with Spidertrax wheel spacers. Living 7 miles down a dirt road, the rock that comes off the front tires is beating the crap out of the front of the rear fenders. It’s even worst when it rains!

Any of you having the same problem? If so what are you doing to solve the issue?
If you haven't seen them already, there are plenty of posts about the Rokblokz mudflaps mentioned by @mikej and @mwilk012 . You'll like them.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Same issue here. We live on a gravel road, 9 miles from the nearest highway, rock chips are real bad on the fenders. Sooo glad I ordered black fenders instead of painted, at least the rock chips don't show too bad on the black.
My door hinges are taking it hard too.

Rockblokz are the way to go IMO, my should arrive this week. They are easily removed without tools if you want to go rock crawling. Seems like the only good option?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
If you don't want "MUD F;APS) ADD THESE OR HD RUNNING BOARDS and get rid of BFG KO2's-
SUNP0211_zpsiji7fpj5.jpg

SUNP0107_zpsrizlnnpn.jpg

JIMBO

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I installed running boards on mine because I heard too many rocks smacking HARD against my doors, and because my kid cant get in without them. If not for her, I'd use the Rokblokz flaps. I think they look pretty good.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

What I did was install the OE splash guards and OE running boards on the front, and I kept my tires as much inside the fenders as I could. I have a couple of rock chips on my door hinges, but so far that's the only damage I've seen.

OP
OP
CanAmMick

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Same issue here. We live on a gravel road, 9 miles from the nearest highway, rock chips are real bad on the fenders. Sooo glad I ordered black fenders instead of painted, at least the rock chips don't show too bad on the black.
My door hinges are taking it hard too.

Rockblokz are the way to go IMO, my should arrive this week. They are easily removed without tools if you want to go rock crawling. Seems like the only good option?
If you don’t mind, get me a picture of the front after they are installed.

The problem is that my tires stick out of the fender about an inch and a half. I wonder if you can get theses a little wider than normal?

OP
OP
CanAmMick

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you don't want "MUD F;APS) ADD THESE OR HD RUNNING BOARDS and get rid of BFG KO2's-
SUNP0211_zpsiji7fpj5.jpg

SUNP0107_zpsrizlnnpn.jpg

JIMBO
KO2’s are staying. They are worth their weight in gold out here! Already have electric running boards, and not going to change them. That’s the only way my wife can get in and out of the Jeep!

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you don’t mind, get me a picture of the front after they are installed.

The problem is that my tires stick out of the fender about an inch and a half. I wonder if you can get theses a little wider than normal?
Will do.
They make a wider version that might cover ya.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Will do.
They make a wider version that might cover ya.
Do you have any good pictures of the XL width? I have been digging around everywhere and can't see the coverage clearly.
Sponsored