Sponsored

Rear fender rock damage!

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
So I have 4000 miles on my 2Dr Rubicon and my rear fender flares (painted) are get destroyed with rock damage! It’s primarily happing from dirt roads leading to trails. The factory put a protective film on the leading edge but it is doing nothing. It’s so bad that the rocks are bouncing off the fender flare and hitting the metal fender leaving chips in it. Ideas?
Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed Rockblokz mud flaps, they work well for me. Might be worth a try if you go off-road a lot.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Other than mud flaps or a running board that blocks some of the front tire kick back, there's not much you can do.

You can try having a heavier duty clear film or vinyl applied to the affected area, but I don't know how much help that would be at this point.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
As previously mentioned, mud flaps (yuk) or wider rock rails, however with painted fenders you may be fighting a loosing battle...(Your Snazzberry JLR looks great by the way!) I replaced the stock ones on my Rubi 2-door with the Mopar Performance Rock Rails with what they call 'step assist'-these are wider, heavier duty and do help some...However, I am thinking seriously of going with something offering much more protection from not just stones kicked up by tires but from the boulders we encounter on our Arizona trails...

The two options I am currently looking at:
JCR Crusader Rock Rails and ARB Rock Rails, both are similar two-piece designs and available for the 2-door JL. I would really like to see them in person, like anything else there will be subtle differences that I may prefer one over the other. If the local shops do not display both, I will likely buy the JCR and ARB, then sell the one I did not use along with my existing Mopar Performance Rock Rails...
Sponsored