First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
Today I was out and was rear ended by a lady that must have been distracted. Was creeping in neutral to a red light when I heard screeching and got smashed. Got out to inspect the damedge and to my surprise I had very little damedge at all. The other car was not as lucky though. Driver had to be helped out by firefighters. But boy was I lucky! Let me know if you've had similar body work done.

EC10E412-B7A2-40A9-ABDE-7950CD6FBDA3.jpeg

F4355E96-C68C-4CD3-ACB3-C4BBBC065A8F.jpeg

A7285453-4D5C-4A41-976F-431524D717B8.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
skovac2

skovac2

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
Wow. I had a similar experience in my Sport S back in December. Just like you, the Equinox that hit me was destroyed.
Did you have it fixed at a dealer or a body shop? I'm weighing my options. We're moving mid October and I'm not sure what'll be faster

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I had a similar experience in my YJ. Being a young kid at the time who couldn't afford aftermarket parts, I made my own rear bumper by bolting a railroad tie to the frame.

The Audi that rear ended me was driven no more. The Audi chipped my bumper. I never fixed the chip, except for carving "RIP Audi" next to it.

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Did you have it fixed at a dealer or a body shop? I'm weighing my options. We're moving mid October and I'm not sure what'll be faster
I originally had it taken to my local Jeep dealership’s shop. Once the
saw that the frame extension where the front bumper connects needed to be straightened out, they informed me that they weren’t set up to do that.

Progressive then moved it to a local body shop that had the ability to straighten the frame rail. Unfortunately because of lack of parts (namely a months-long delay for replacement suspension pieces from Rock Krawler), it was in the shop for over three months.

I will say that when I finally got it back, it was pretty much back to its former glory and drove just fine.

One note: I had upgraded plenty of pieces to better Mopar parts. My bumpers, headlights/fog lights, skid plate, etc. were all upgraded to Rubicon parts. I was extremely worried that the shop (or the insurance company) would only replace parts based on my VIN (which showed plastic bumpers, halogen headlights, etc.) so I sent them a list of Mopar part numbers for every component I knew they would have to replace. To my surprise, when I got the Jeep back, they did in fact replace those components based on the part numbers I sent.

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Glad you are OK. You should leave the right rear tail light as is...battle scar. Let's em know you can take a hit.

OP
OP
skovac2

skovac2

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
I originally had it taken to my local Jeep dealership’s shop. Once the
saw that the frame extension where the front bumper connects needed to be straightened out, they informed me that they weren’t set up to do that.

Progressive then moved it to a local body shop that had the ability to straighten the frame rail. Unfortunately because of lack of parts (namely a months-long delay for replacement suspension pieces from Rock Krawler), it was in the shop for over three months.

I will say that when I finally got it back, it was pretty much back to its former glory and drove just fine.

One note: I had upgraded plenty of pieces to better Mopar parts. My bumpers, headlights/fog lights, skid plate, etc. were all upgraded to Rubicon parts. I was extremely worried that the shop (or the insurance company) would only replace parts based on my VIN (which showed plastic bumpers, halogen headlights, etc.) so I sent them a list of Mopar part numbers for every component I knew they would have to replace. To my surprise, when I got the Jeep back, they did in fact replace those components based on the part numbers I sent.
Oh that's good to know, maybe I can get a nice bumper out of it haha

OP
OP
skovac2

skovac2

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
Glad you are OK. You should leave the right rear tail light as is...battle scar. Let's em know you can take a hit.
That's too funny, I couldn't take it looking like that so I broke out there duct tape and zip ties and rigged it up from the inside so it stayed tight to the body. I'll tell you what those tail light covers are no joke 😂

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Shitty... Looks like it may also have got a piece of the spare. Hard to really tell in the pics

Had a similar experience in Hawaii, on my honeymoon, on my birthday with a rental jeep... Lady wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of the jeep. Completely crunched up the front end of her car, the tow hook of the jeep grabbed a hold of her bumped and pulled it clean off as her car rolled back after impact.

The Jeep had a scuff on the bumper...

Sponsored

OP
OP
skovac2

skovac2

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
Shitty... Looks like it may also have got a piece of the spare. Hard to really tell in the pics

Had a similar experience in Hawaii, on my honeymoon, on my birthday with a rental jeep... Lady wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of the jeep. Completely crunched up the front end of her car, the tow hook of the jeep grabbed a hold of her bumped and pulled it clean off as her car rolled back after impact.

The Jeep had a scuff on the bumper...
Yeah the spare got pushed back a little. It's touching the little rubber bump stop on the tailgate. It's funny to hear how jeeps hold up in accidents

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yet another proof of the Shock Absorbing benefits of the spare tire. Knowing this means I keep that spare right where it is, no spare delete for me !

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
If you rear ending any body on frame vehicle you are looking for trouble. This was back in 2013…
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear ended... Jeep declared winner EB514897-86E3-4CEC-9661-7CE69462A977
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear ended... Jeep declared winner EABC9BAB-DAA8-4A3F-9010-3ABB7662D2B2

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Before you claim victory, you may want to looked at the frame underneath. The frame is design to absorb the impact and crumple. Your accident looks severe enough that the frame maybe bent.