Rear Driveline Noise (click?)

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
So today I went out to do some Christmas shopping and when I went to back into a parking spot I gave it some gas and heard some "clicking" type noise which I have never heard before. It only does it once until you change direction (forward or back). So for example, going forward, I can come to a stop, foot off the brake and gas it and it will make a click type noise in the rear driveline. When I stop, continue forward, give it gas I get nothing. Come to a stop, put it in reverse, foot off brake and give it gas and I get the click. Then until I change direction it won't make the noise.

I have tried to brake torque it and I get nothing. I jacked it up, put it on jack stand and had my daughter try to re-create it and I get nothing. While underneath I did notice the factory rear driveshaft boot is cracked in a few spots (from my last rock-crawl?). My fear is that the dealership will try to blame this on anything that is found.

My only guess is that it is in the rear axle somewhere?

Anyone have thoughts or ideas?

I have 20K on it, 2.5" lift with 37s.

-Tom
Sponsored

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
This has been bugging me, too. I have an all-stock Sahara.

Tried to address it once at the dealership but I couldn’t get them to admit they heard it. Let me know how you make out.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m getting the same sound when shifting weight from reverse to forward and vice versa. My 2019 is now at 30k miles. I had the same issue on my previous mustang and Ford changed out the rear half shafts
Sponsored