Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Took the wife’s Sahara for new tires the other day and noticed a noise I didn’t like coming from rear end. Took to dealer and sure enough, rear diff. is trashed. Evidently, some bad bearings from the factory and they were slowly coming apart. The worse news is, parts aren’t available it seems. :mad: They said at least 2 weeks. Oh, and guess what else, FCA would only pay for 1 week of rental. Dealer did step up and is providing a vehicle to drive although its not a Jeep. :( @JeepCares can you help with this and expedite???
Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Took the wife’s Sahara for new tires the other day and noticed a noise I didn’t like coming from rear end. Took to dealer and sure enough, rear diff. is trashed. Evidently, some bad bearings from the factory and they were slowly coming apart. The worse news is, parts aren’t available it seems. :mad: They said at least 2 weeks. Oh, and guess what else, FCA would only pay for 1 week of rental. Dealer did step up and is providing a vehicle to drive although its not a Jeep. :( @JeepCares can you help with this and expedite???
How many miles on the Sahara?

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
send them a PM. They’ll want your personal info, the dealer you’re working with, etc.

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Losing a lot of faith in DANA factory axles. Always owned GM/Ford product Limited Slips (NON-DANA) and NEVER had a problem. Mopar specs? Or has Dana quality slipped that much???

19500 Miles on my LSD. Changed Gear Oil at around 16k. Slightly knocking on deceleration now, but not bad enough to have dealer tear into. Really waiting for revised parts --- that may never come......

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
When should I change the def oil on the jl? Not going by the book I rather change it earlier.

OP
OP
Hibypass

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how to describe sound except it sounds like a universal going out (which wasn’t a concern). Sound could be heard on deceleration only at low speed. Clunking like sound.

Sponsored

bigblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler JLU OBM
It's a rhythmic, rotational clunk/popping sound on deceleration ( usually heard below 20 mph.)
Took mine in, even had @JeepCares get me a case #/ "case manager" - what a waste. Took it in, dealer had it for 4 days. First they tried to blame it on my "Mopar" wheels with the tiny 33" stock Rubicon tires. This is a Dana 44 right ??!! "trail rated" vehicle right??!! I haven't even been able to get off road yet and I question this things reliability. Next I find out Jeep will not warranty it and are calling it a normal sound. "Case manager" never even got back to me. So I took it back, and I am driving it with the problem still existing. -- sorry, rant over

Hopefully you have a better experience than I have had.

OP
OP
Hibypass

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Yes so far. Except for no parts availability. Will be at least another week or more I’m told. A couple of the bearings are eating themselves apparently.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I changed my diff fluids at 10k. Front was clean as expected but rear was black with lots of metal on plug. I would advise not going longer than 10k for fluid change on rear diff. I have lsd as well. So easy to do yourself without a lift.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@Hibypass,
I was able to follow up with you privately. Please continue to work with us in PMs to avoid any missed communication.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored