Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and received all the gifts they wanted for their Jeeps!

I've been trying to figure out where the rear defrost vents are located on my JL. I've noticed after getting some ice/snow after a few storms and what not that the rear window doesn't really seem to heat up exactly to remove the ice/snow. I have a 2018 JL Rubicon with the soft top, any ideas on where the vents are would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
there is no defrost on the rear windows in the soft top, you maybe confused by the defrost button on the dash that is to turn on your heated mirrors, hard tops have rear defrosters

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and received all the gifts they wanted for their Jeeps!

I've been trying to figure out where the rear defrost vents are located on my JL. I've noticed after getting some ice/snow after a few storms and what not that the rear window doesn't really seem to heat up exactly to remove the ice/snow. I have a 2018 JL Rubicon with the soft top, any ideas on where the vents are would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Lol. There is no rear defrost with a soft top. There are no rear defrost "vents" on any Wrangler, or any other vehicle for that matter. Rear defrost is electric, and only if you have a hard top for obvious reasons.

OP
OP
GarrettBrucker
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. There is no rear defrost with a soft top. There are no rear defrost "vents" on any Wrangler, or any other vehicle for that matter. Rear defrost is electric, and only if you have a hard top for obvious reasons.
Interesting. I wonder why include the button then on the center console with working lights. I vaguely remember using the rear defrost when I bought it in Jan. but I guess I was just delusional. Thanks!

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Interesting. I wonder why include the button then on the center console with working lights. I vaguely remember using the rear defrost when I bought it in Jan. but I guess I was just delusional. Thanks!
It only heats up the mirrors.:like:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you have the button it's for your heated mirrors. A heating element would melt the soft top window.

Sponsored