First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
My latest comment is if "it's not broke don't fix it"!! I'm sure the yellowish color is fairly normal. My defroster was broken and fixed (not) 4X then the rear window replaced by FCA (with help of "JeepCares") then repaired again after the new window installed.

After window replaced a new dealer found that the wire harness from window to HT was faulty. from week after purchase (Dec 2017 build) to 7 months ago to finally get a defroster! As I write this I have not noticed colors and try not to look incase unsolder AGAIN!!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For what it’s worth, I don’t believe the discoloration is effected by the wire harness or quality of connections. Mine looks like that now, and it’s never been used. It’s been sitting on a dolly in the garage all year. Ugly, but whatever

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver
Any recent updates on this? My Jeep is a month old with 700 miles on it and I’ve never used the rear defroster yet mine is starting to discolor and look burnt.

Last edited:

CSVOELTZEL

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Don't try cleaning it, you might damage the conductor. The circuit is made by screen printing a silver ink on the glass before the glass is bent. The silver oxidizes and takes on a bright white color when the glass is heated and bent. It is normal for the silver to tarnish with exposure to the air and discoloring. This is true of all printed silver defroster not just this model. I've designed the defrosters on millions of vehicles.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
4th wrangler, first one that looks exactly like this, saw it last week, i have used it, or thought i was using it. 3rd jeep it never worked and i didnt know it, the solder joint was bad, connector fell off.

im thinking the discoloration is not right, even if it still works.

great, item 8 now.
Sponsored