Rear cubby to battery wire path

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Any suggestions and even links to some pics for running wire from the rear floor cubby to engine compartment? In years past I followed the path of the wire bundle including fluid for the hardtop Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It is easy to fish wire from the back to the engine area by going inside the frame. You can enter the frame at the back on the passenger side and exit the frame in the front wheel well. use a stiff piece of wire or thin cable to push through first and then tape the wire you plan to use to the wire/cable and pull it through. It took me about two minutes to feed wire through the frame from back to front.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
It is easy to fish wire from the back to the engine area by going inside the frame. You can enter the frame at the back on the passenger side and exit the frame in the front wheel well. use a stiff piece of wire or thin cable to push through first and then tape the wire you plan to use to the wire/cable and pull it through. It took me about two minutes to feed wire through the frame from back to front.
I just watched this. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/running-wire-from-battery-to-trunk.17228/

is that the route you suggested? He sure removed a lot of plastic. I will need the clips as well to replace the ones I cut.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I have figured out the route you are talking about running through the frame and potentially into the vehicle through the rear tail light. I am still weighing all options. I have a wire that needs to go to the dash from the rear as well so it still may make more sense to run everything through the vehicle. Thanks for the feedback!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just watched this. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/running-wire-from-battery-to-trunk.17228/

is that the route you suggested? He sure removed a lot of plastic. I will need the clips as well to replace the ones I cut.
I have figured out the route you are talking about running through the frame and potentially into the vehicle through the rear tail light. I am still weighing all options. I have a wire that needs to go to the dash from the rear as well so it still may make more sense to run everything through the vehicle. Thanks for the feedback!
If you look where the rear bumper hooks to the frame, there is a hole in the frame right there on the passenger side. I pushed the wire through the frame there. Then came out in the front wheel well under the battery.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I'm running my 0 gauge power wire outside the vehicle, glad I found this thread. Now the challenge of getting through the frame.
Sponsored