Rear Coil Springs Shifting

dietch

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Hey y’all, what would cause the rear springs in a Jeep JL to shift? I installed a rubicon takeoff suspension a few months ago and now the top end of the spring is a few inches from sitting in the “seat”/notch that it’s supposed to be flush with.

I’d hate to have to pay a dealership over $100 bucks to shift them back into place, I know how easy it is to do and would do it myself but I live in an apartment and don’t have a jack or jack stands.

I was present when the lift was installed and know it was installed correctly. I went off-roading maybe once a month since it was installed.

I guess my question is what would cause this shift? Should I be concerned and get this fixed ASAP?

Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Got a picture? Something wasn’t installed right. Did you put on takeoff springs and shocks?

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y’all, what would cause the rear springs in a Jeep JL to shift? I installed a rubicon takeoff suspension a few months ago and now the top end of the spring is a few inches from sitting in the “seat”/notch that it’s supposed to be flush with.

I’d hate to have to pay a dealership over $100 bucks to shift them back into place, I know how easy it is to do and would do it myself but I live in an apartment and don’t have a jack or jack stands.

I was present when the lift was installed and know it was installed correctly. I went off-roading maybe once a month since it was installed.

I guess my question is what would cause this shift? Should I be concerned and get this fixed ASAP?

Any input would be appreciated.
This post is ironic. I was checking out my rear springs while installing a rear track bar bracket yesterday. I was having clearance issues with the new bracket and the coil spring. So I was curious if I could rotate the coil spring 180 degrees to allow for more clearance. I discovered the upper and lower coil spring isolators have nubs that fit into their respective hole locations to keep them from rotating. The bottom isolators have several notches to lock the end of the coil spring to keep them from rotating while keeping the upper end of the spring against the notch. I’m guessing the bottom isolator notches could possibly have been damaged/crushed from the previous install. Also, the lower isolator can be advanced/rotated in 2 locations (approximately 180 degrees from each other) to insure the end of the spring is locked in. If your coil springs continue to rotate, I would consider replacing them.
I’m not an expert in this field but I understand the principle. Good luck.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Coil Springs Shifting BE4B0949-C468-474D-8047-5E39318C4BB6
Sponsored