eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to see and trying to get ideas on what to carry on the rear cargo underneath storage. Please post your pictures.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm curious to see and trying to get ideas on what to carry on the rear cargo underneath storage. Please post your pictures.
Hi Eder:

Are you interested in how and what people have in their carbo tubs--and just so we're using the same language, here's a picture of a cargo tub liner:

https://www.justforjeeps.com/822156...MIpfTE-O3a3AIVESOBCh31pwYNEAQYASABEgJ3O_D_BwE

...or when you say the "underneath storage" are you referring to the cargo area, behind and underneath the height of the rear seats,

or something else?

OP
OP
eder214

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eder:

Are you interested in how and what people have in their carbo tubs--and just so we're using the same language, here's a picture of a cargo tub liner:

https://www.justforjeeps.com/822156...MIpfTE-O3a3AIVESOBCh31pwYNEAQYASABEgJ3O_D_BwE

...or when you say the "underneath storage" are you referring to the cargo area, behind and underneath the height of the rear seats,

or something else?
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm referring to the cargo tub. Since the cargo tub is kind off limited in space. I want to get ideas of what would be the best use for it.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm referring to the cargo tub. Since the cargo tub is kind off limited in space. I want to get ideas of what would be the best use for it.
From a physics standpoint, it’s one of the lowest points on the vehicle for storage. And heavier items placed up high have an outsized impact on handling. So I use it for heavier items like tools, recovery straps, shackles, etc.

I know there’s only so much you can fit in that little space, but every bit of weight management helps!!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Funny, I asked the same thing once.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/whats-in-your-cargo-tub.11174/

No worries though. Repetition is common in bboards. Besides, people's ideas change over time so questions can and should be revisted.

I'd definitely recommend the tub liner to start. I'm afraid though that any other organizational device might take up more space than it's worth.

As to the tub's content, see the above link. :)

"What's in your wallet, err cargo tub!"

Recently I had to clean mine out as a favor to "J" of Men in Black. He needs a home for the locker people at Grand Central Terminal for a while.

LockerAliens.png

Sponsored

The kid

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL 4Dr 2.0 Tur
Great to know but does anyone have the dimensions especially the depth of the tub area .

Screenshot_20210608-102059~2.png

The kid

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL 4Dr 2.0 Tur
I have all my recovery gear in there.
im not near my jeep for measurements,but I need to know the depth of it, to determine how much my batteries would be sticking out of it.I'm doing a stereo build n I'm not at home. Thanx for the reply n help
I have all my recovery gear in there.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Regarding putting all one's heavier items in the tub, isn't it made of plastic? If you look at the tub from under the vehicle, it appears to be set in an opening in the body, then screwed down or whatever. I think there might be some sort of weight limit implicit in that construction. How much weight is another question.

I have the tub liner in mine. I bought it for easier cleaning and/or removal of the contents. In the context of this thread, I think the liner might add some limited structural strength by spreading out the contents' weight over the entire floor of the tub, rather than having something really heavy creating a focal point of weight.

My tub contains fire extinguisher, tools, warning triangle, etc., so it's fairly heavily-loaded. Other items are in a rectangular cargo tote that lives permanently in the cargo area.
Sponsored