Sponsored

Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am running 3.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger with BFG 37" Mud tires. Currently running with 4" bumpstops in the rear and thinking of going down to 3". Anyone running this combination with 3" bumpstop and not having problems with the pinch seam in the rear on uptravel? Any other rubbing?
Sponsored

Mojave Dust

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vv4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
retired CIO; professional dilettante
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the Metalcloak GC 3.5" with 37" Patagonia MT's on a JLURD. I'm using the full set of bumpstop pads in the rear and I get just a little rubbing on the inner fender at full flex. With less bumpstop, I'd definitely have to modify or replace the rear fender. Haven't notice any other rubbing yet and not even close to the pinch seam.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a 2020 JLUR with the Metalcloak 3.5" lift and 37" tires. I am running with a stack of 3 layers of the 1" bump stop pads on the bottom and the JL Upper Rear DuroSpring Replacement Bump Stops as replacements for the factory white foam stops.

The tires just barely rubbed the pinch weld at the rear of the opening. After considering the options we elected to trim about 1/2" off a small portion of the pinch weld at the rear of the well.

In my case the control arms were set just a bit longer than recommended in the install manual. This kept the wheels centered in the wheel well, which is a characteristic the local installers that helped me seem to prefer and I appreciate.

The tires stuff into the factory fenders and liners as far as seems possible without taking further steps to completely rework or replace the fenders with high clearance designs.

Last edited:

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I have the 2020 JLURD with the 3.5 GC. I am currently running 2 inch bump stops with a 35 inch tire. I also changed out the fenders and liners, so zero rubbing. My plan is to go to 37 inch tires when the ones I have wear out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR 20210731_085123
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR 20210731_085019
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR 20210731_085002
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR 20210729_191339
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpstop length with 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on JLUR 20210729_191149

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm running the same lift and tires. I'm only using 2" of bump stops. I was rubbing the back plastic piece that connects to the stock rear bumper. When I went to an aftermarket rear bumper I have no rubbing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well it has been about a year since I started this thread. I removed one of the bump pads and still don't rub anywhere. I am going to remove one more bump pad and install the DuroSpring Replacement Bump Stops. We will see how that goes. I place a tie wrap on the shock rod and that tells me how much till shocks bottom out. There is still about three inches left to go.

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
FWIW, my wife has a JLUR on 37" KM3's and when I put it on the MC CTI trailer the guy running the trailer stated I should remove one of the rear pads since I had room to let the axle articulate. I installed the DuroSpring bumpstops when I did the lift. If I had the Artec inner fenders I could probably drop down another in the rear and drop down to 2 pucks in front instead of 3.
Sponsored