Sponsored

Rear bumpers without backup sensor issues

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m devastated LoD hasn’t been able to completely fix the sensor issues with their Destroyer rear bumper. So, I’m trying to find a good quality aftermarket steel rear bumper that doesn’t cause issues with the backup sensors. Tire carrier optional. I would prefer one that also integrates the original tow hitch, but I’m open to any suggestions at this point. Anyone had success?
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I have the Smittybilt XRC GEN2 bumpers front and back. I transferred the rear sensors no problems and they work perfectly.

What are the problems LoD are having?

OP
OP
MxEffrt

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the Smittybilt XRC GEN2 bumpers front and back. I transferred the rear sensors no problems and they work perfectly.

What are the problems LoD are having?
False triggers. I think more specifically with larger tires.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
False triggers. I think more specifically with larger tires.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I just had a look at the LoD bumper, I suspect the problem is the lack of vertical surfaces to mount the sensors as they don’t work properly if they’re pointing at the ground.

The Smittybilt bumper does have an integrated hitch.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’m devastated LoD hasn’t been able to completely fix the sensor issues with their Destroyer rear bumper. So, I’m trying to find a good quality aftermarket steel rear bumper that doesn’t cause issues with the backup sensors. Tire carrier optional. I would prefer one that also integrates the original tow hitch, but I’m open to any suggestions at this point. Anyone had success?
I've got a LOD destroyer rear with sensors. Using a Teraflex Alpha tire carrier with stock Rubi rims with 315 K02's I get no false beeps.

Perhaps with 37's or bigger it would.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MxEffrt

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've got a LOD destroyer rear with sensors. Using a Teraflex Alpha tire carrier with stock Rubi rims with 315 K02's I get no false beeps.

Perhaps with 37's or bigger it would.
Oh, really? I wonder if it’s just their tire carrier option, then. I will have to dig into this. You happy with the bumper so far?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Oh, really? I wonder if it’s just their tire carrier option, then. I will have to dig into this. You happy with the bumper so far?
I love all my LOD stuff, it fits well and is very well built. I have the Destroyer front, rear, and rock slides.

Also make sure you install the sensors in the same positions as removed and orientate them with the plugs facing inboard center. LOD covers this in the instructions.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I love all my LOD stuff, it fits well and is very well built. I have the Destroyer front, rear, and rock slides.

Also make sure you install the sensors in the same positions as removed and orientate them with the plugs facing inboard center. LOD covers this in the instructions.
Do you have a link to these instructions? Everything I found from LOD doesn’t show any orientation plugs....

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I love my LoD stuff. I don't have sensors so that isn't even a consideration for me. That said, have you looked at Rockhard 4X4? Their sensors are mounted on a vertical plane, tuff as nails but not nearly as cool as LoD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MxEffrt

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I love my LoD stuff. I don't have sensors so that isn't even a consideration for me. That said, have you looked at Rockhard 4X4? Their sensors are mounted on a vertical plane, tuff as nails but not nearly as cool as LoD.
In the end I actually settled on LoD’s bumper and I’m super happy with it. Jeep is basically wrapped in LoD bumpers and sliders now.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Did you look at ACE Engineering and Fab? I just installed their rear bumper on my JLUR and love it! They have an option for rear sensors.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In the end I actually settled on LoD’s bumper and I’m super happy with it. Jeep is basically wrapped in LoD bumpers and sliders now.
I didn't even notice this was started last year, lol. I'm definitely an LoD fan boy, this is my 4th Jeep with their products on them. Currently, my 2020 JLUR has Destroyer sliders and a Signature shorty front bumper (I wanted my winch down low) and I just ordered the Destroyer full width rear with tire carrier. All my underside parts are Metalcloak.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I have an LOD rear bumper with integrated tire carrier with 35’s. My sensors haven’t worked from day 1. I have had to turn them off with the button. I sure wish there was a fix. I’d like them to work.
Did they work with the factory bumper?
Sponsored