Sponsored

Rear bumpers...what are you using?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
My last outing resulted in my factory steel bumper giving me some nice body damage after dropping off a decent sized ledge. I knew this was a problem but was hoping it would hold up longer.

I'm curious what your running that you've used and abused and it's taken the hits without causing dmg to the tub?

My dmg is easily fixable but the worst isn't visible.

PXL_20210411_215457641.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look of AEV rear bumpers
They use the same mounting brackets the factory one uses from what I can see. Looks wise they're alright but I'm hesitant to use anything that mounts like the factory bumper that's already failed.

I really like cavfab and next venture from what out there so far. Evo has a new aluminum one that looks nice too it's just pretty spendy.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
They use the same mounting brackets the factory one uses from what I can see. Looks wise they're alright but I'm hesitant to use anything that mounts like the factory bumper that's already failed.
Mounting holes are not the reason.
I believe all bumpers more or less are using the same mounting holes.
I think the reason that stock bumpers cause that is because the sheet metal is too thin and it folds into the tub when under stress.

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I am very happy with the Warn Elite bumpers, they sit a little higher than the OEM even on the bottom (note it sits completely above the OEM hitch) and a lot higher on the ends behind the tires-where you usually take a hit. I am on 35's with a Mopar lift but soon will be running 37" KO2's and so far I have only brushed the rear bumper on some hardpack without damage. I am sure someone makes a near-indestructible rear bumper but I have not yet seen one...

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpers...what are you using? IMG_2273

Sponsored

OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The worst dmg isn't visible and it's from those bracket pushing into the bottom of the tub. I'd have to take the bumper off to show it but the brackets did way more dmg to the tub than the bumper did.

Last edited:

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I like the high and tight concept for the rear. GenRight had that same thought. Stronger and lighter than the stock plastic bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpers...what are you using? JL rear quarter panel (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpers...what are you using? JL rear bumper

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Iā€™d likely have the same damage if I didnā€™t have the plastic rear bumper. I had some plastic transfer onto the paint but it flaked off with a finger nail. Dropped into a ditch barely wider than the Jeep was long. Plastic is cheap to replace for what Iā€™m doing. I figure by the time the metal is strong enough to take body weight it might be heavier than Iā€™d want it. The rear matching aluminum Genright for my front, Iā€™m not sure how that would protect with a hard hit. It would look good though. lol
Sponsored