First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab 2019
Occupation
Hotel Manager
I've got 37" toyo MTs with true beadlocks...so heavy. Stock plastic bumper with sensors is on the JL and no hinge reinforcement has been done, so I'm trying to get a rear bumper with tire carrier quickly before the tailgate starts to sag. Looking at these. I feel like these are all comparable. Who has installed one of these and can you share your experience? Perhaps share why you chose the one you chose?

I love what the road armor guys say about how much better their tire carrier connects to the bumper, but it's pricey! Like the LOD, but if I get all the add ons I want, it adds another $700. The DV8 had not-so-great reviews at quadratec and xt.

Road Armor 5182R1B-TC Stealth Mid Width Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier $1755++ link
LoD Offroad JBC1801 Destroyer Rear Shorty Bumper with Tire Carrier $1915+ link
ADD Offroad T96912NA01NA Stealth Fighter Tire Carrier + bumper $2548+ link
Fab Fours JL18-Y1851T-1 Off-The-Door Tire Carrier in Matte Black + Fab Fours JL18-Y1851-1 Rear Bumper $3158++ link
DV8 Offroad RBJL-02 Rear Bumper with Frame Mounted Tire Carrier $1300+ link
Sponsored

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I went with the LOD destroyer with the tire carrier and third light mount initially. I love the lod bumper and tire carrier. We have been on numerous trails and the only problem I had was a squeak to start with du to adjustment of the tire carrier. I like the ability to add the other accessories and the fact that the tire and door still move together but you have the ability to just move the tire to get to some of the accessories as well. I don’t think you will go wrong with any of those picks but I recommend the LOD. We went to 37” Ko2 with the method 106 bead locks.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
If you contact LOD and let them know you’re a forum member, you will get a discount (not sure exactly how much). If you order from Northridge, they usually offer discounts. I almost ordered from them when they had 20% off, but I hadn’t replaced my Jeep yet and was considering a Recon which came with steel bumpers and hinge reinforcement.

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
Northridge 4x4 usually has the best prices on LOD. They're usually better than ordering directly from LOD even emailing LOD offroad for a discount. Currently you can get 10% off using JLWRANGLERFORUMNS as a coupon code on Northridge. I got 20% off without a code in April.

We have 37" Toyo RTs and there is no rattle at all. It did take a whole day to install because of the camera and backup sensors. (I still don't have the backup sensors working yet but I think that was my fault)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ldybug

Ldybug

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab 2019
Occupation
Hotel Manager
Well, i went with LOD. It should arrive in 4-6 weeks. The best price I could find was through Morris4x4. LOD's prices were much higher than Morris. So I asked LOD if they'd price match and they said no. Doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder how the LOD owners would feel if they knew this.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I think they want you to buy through their dealers and they do not match pricing that so they are not competing with them.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
what they said ^^. I think they work pretty hard to maintain good relationships with their retailers so they choose not to compete with them. I ordered my rock sliders from northridge a few weeks ago using the forum discount code.
Sponsored