Sponsored

Rear Bumper/Tire Carriers that you have bought and thoughts on them.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
As far as I know they are. I personally don’t care for it and wish it would be a single. That’s a whole lot easier to make a slider plate for but apparently the feedback on the three was positive.

This is exactly what I brought up to them last week. They are getting caught up and will be able to support what they are designing soon. I asked Anthony why keep teasing people with products they can buy them have lead times that keep getting pushed back. We’ve been waiting on a tire carrier since nov I believe. That said, after working with them a bunch and tons of communications we are staying the course. We believe in the product but more importantly the company. They are getting things more streamlined while turning out awesome stuff at a great price point. The frustrating part is just riding out the growing pains

Brett
LIke I said, I love Roam products. Wish I could get them. Unfortunately, I want to go off-roading. I tried to buy all my upgrades for my JLUR before I even ordered the Jeep. I started trying to buy the Roam products in July of 2018. Well it is almost April of 2019. I passed on four off-roading trips since getting my JLUR in November as I did not want to go because the JLUR was not ready. So in November I get told mid December, Then get told mid January, then get told there will be a large amount available in February, Then get told in March.that it will be the end of April. Each time, I waited, because there will be other trips to go on.......So April 6th I have a trip planned, then two trips in May, and one in June already. Just could not keep staying home. Something had to give.

It really does not matter how good it is if you can't use it or buy it. I would have loved to had the Roam rear bumper/tire carrier to go with my Roam side steps and Roam front bumper. I really did not want to spend 1300+ dollars for another product, but I have given up the whole winter waiting and not giving up potentially all of spring also. Time is also money in this equation.
Sponsored

Hesldman45

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ace also makes a bumper mounted tire carrier that is very stout.

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/co...e-jl-pro-series-rear-bumper-with-tire-carrier
Hey so I’m in the same boat. Really happy I found this thread. I’ve looking at the Ace products for a while now.

Questions is is there a reason you went with the gate carrier instead of the pro bumper with the tire on the bumper? Especially since you went with the new bumper as well? I’m new to jeeping and it seems like getting a 37” tire off the gate would be best.

The prices don’t make me feel great but I want to do this one time. And I’ll pay if I have to. ‍♂

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
When I toured Ace's manufacturing center, I spoke with the engineers and they stated that the hinges and Jeep tub was very strong and that it did not make a difference.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I went with Hauk. It was pricey and there's basically a wait list but I think its worthy it.
made in American with Pennsylvania steel. It's a super solid product. I wouldn't trade mine for any other bumpers. They also provide the plate/light relocation kit.

Jp.jpg

Jp2.jpg

Jp3.jpg

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Westin. Very happy with the bumpers (front and rear). Tire carrier is a little far from the door, so if I have to do it again I will mount the spare on the door.
IMG_7367.jpg
IMG_7373.jpg

Sponsored

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey so I’m in the same boat. Really happy I found this thread. I’ve looking at the Ace products for a while now.

Questions is is there a reason you went with the gate carrier instead of the pro bumper with the tire on the bumper? Especially since you went with the new bumper as well? I’m new to jeeping and it seems like getting a 37” tire off the gate would be best.

The prices don’t make me feel great but I want to do this one time. And I’ll pay if I have to. ‍♂
I'm about to put 40's on, (with the slant back style carrier) and absolutely zero concerns about the hinge mounted system. (Running tire and wheel combo is about 120 lbs, however I've seen some 37's with heavy wheel that are 140).

suf8CbkCLftsCs5opdCZM1SUWmIJYcPuPEOm7h5OpG5w7v8VJv0uFDkTGE-KqbhWPCD0S7CCp7Hq7eUlwC4T6zXlWA=w2400.jpg

Right now, the product is everything that I could have hoped it would be, and alleviated any concern I had about not getting a bumper mounted tire carrier.

Lockheed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X4
I have been trying to buy the Roam bumper/tire carrier since July 18, 2018. I got an email the other day saying, maybe the end of next month. I want to off road. I just can not wait any longer. I did some more searching on this site, and ran across ACE Engineering. Unknown to me, they are a Company located in Michigan. About an hour after I posted this, I contacted them, drove to their facility. AJ, gave me a tour of their manufacturing center, and showed me how all their products were made. I purchased their stand alone tire carrier. and their new JL rear bumper. I I can pick it back up in two weeks. So I should be ready for my first true off roading outing in three weeks.

I have put off going on jeep outing as I did not want to off road with the 37 in tire on the stock tailgate. It is really to bad as I love the Roam front bumper and side steps.

This is what I ended up with.

jk_stand_alone_tire_carrier_dfcd7775-683b-4bd6-9be1-5a8f8f0734a4_1024x1024.png

and the rear bumper will look like this. Note the pic is from a JK version. They just have not put up the JL version on the web site yet and it is slightly different.

jk_pro_series_rear_bumper_1024x1024.png
I have both the bumper and tire carrier - very satisfied
I would recommend however that you have ACE install them
I was at ACE in mid January where AJ and Adam spent 5 hours installing the bumper carrier and sliders
I think they charged me 250 - worth every penny
btw they were great
ed

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I am handy and I have some Jeep buds that are also very handy, so we will most likely tackle it. Yes, I dealt with AJ and he was very professional and super helpful. I called them today and my parts were getting power coated so I should be all set by the middle of next week.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I purchased the DV8 RBJL-02. It was back ordered for about 10 weeks. The day I called to cancel the order they said it just shipped, imagine that. It is very heavy duty and has a good price point. If I did it again I would spend the extra money on the Lod Destroyer because of all the options they offer.

20190421_154026.jpg

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Love my Addictive Desert Designs front and rear bumpers. Needed it to mount heavy 37" Nitto Trail Grappler. Able to purchase it with camera relocation and license plate relocation brackets and pre drilled for sensors. Quite pricey with the Rugged Ridge lights on front and back. Made in US. Very pleased, personally did not do the install so do not know difficulty.

20190130_144453.jpg

20190130_144508.jpg

DSC00806.JPG

20190130_144416 (2).jpg
Sponsored