Rear bumper question...difference b/t sport and rubi

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Added Rubi flares to a sport model, now rear bumper(stock plastic) doesn't line up with the flares. Does the rubi have a different end cap on each side than the sport? If so, anyone happen to know if this can be purchased through mopar and added to the sport bumper? Part #? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Added Rubi flares to a sport model, now rear bumper(stock plastic) doesn't line up with the flares. Does the rubi have a different end cap on each side than the sport? If so, anyone happen to know if this can be purchased through mopar and added to the sport bumper? Part #? Thanks in advance
Can you take a pic please?

OP
OP

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
looking at it closer after the flare was on it appears that the two models have different bumpers. guess i'll have to search for a rubi rear bumper.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, that question answered itself quickly. To confirm, yes the sport and rubicon rear bumpers are different. I’m not sure if the Sahara rear is different from the rubicon plastic rear. The steel bumper is also different from those 2 or 3.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
thanks guys, help appreciated! off to search for a bumper..

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
The rear bumper from a Sahara is the same as the plastic ones found on the rubi. Same with the fronts, just the tow hooks and fog light bezels are different colors.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The rear bumper from a Sahara is the same as the plastic ones found on the rubi. Same with the fronts, just the tow hooks and fog light bezels are different colors.
If the rears are the same on Saharas and Rubicons, how do the fenders line up?

For reference, this is my rubi with plastic bumper.

69CE1788-695D-49C9-9F94-979A2571E433.jpeg

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I assumed it was just me. I'm still looking for this answer.
After looking at images online between the Sahara and Rubicon, it does seem like there is a difference between the rear fenders, now this is new to me, I thought only the front fenders are higher, it appears they made 3 different fenders(front AND rear), one for each trim, and it also appears that the bumper end cap piece is different... very interesting that FCA decided to go through all this production trouble to differentiate the trims... makes buying a rubicon much more sensical, however...might just be angle etc or my brain playing tricks on me.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
After looking at images online between the Sahara and Rubicon, it does seem like there is a difference between the rear fenders, now this is new to me, I thought only the front fenders are higher, it appears they made 3 different fenders for each trim, and it also appears that the bumper end cap piece is different... very interesting that FCA decided to go through all this production trouble to differentiate the trims... makes buying a rubicon much more sensical, however...might just be angle etc or my brain playing tricks on me.
What do you mean 3 different fenders for each trim?

It's self evident that the front and rear fenders on the rubi are high fenders, because if you buy them from mopar, you get a set of 4. There are 4 different fenders, high and low variants of both solid black and 2 piece painted/paintable.

There appears to be 4 different rear bumpers as well. Steel rubicon bumper, plastic rubicon bumper, sahara, and sport/sport S.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
What do you mean 3 different fenders for each trim?
Typo, meant one for each trim level.
front and rear fender flares on sport/sahara/rubicon are all different, after closely looking at photos of each. Whereas I thought the Sahara and Rubicon share the same rear fenders. Apparently not the case, rear fenders are also higher clearance vs Sahara.

Sahara vs Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper question...difference b/t sport and rubi {filename}

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Can you show a picture so sport owners know what they will be dealing with if they buy rubicon fenders?
Sponsored