Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights

Lone Eagle

First Name
PL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLUR
I am in for sure. Definitely a weakness on our JLs... Added extra lights on my previous YJ & TJ. Left the JK alone but it also would have needed a brighter alternative
Sponsored

Rubifan

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Braver than I am. Well done.
Thanks, I laid on my back for about 30 minutes pondering different routes to the retaining screws, but in the end it was worth it to me, as I just didnā€™t want to deal with bumper removal.

The worst part of the entire process was smacking the driverā€™s side light with a rubber mallet šŸ˜³ but it worked.

rcs

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLUR
It sounds like the lights (both drivers side and passenger side) fit perfectly in the steel bumper that has the plastic bumper cover over it. Would I be wrong?

I have a MOAB and am thinking about getting a set of these. From what I have read the are a perfect fit as is. Maybe it is just some of the steel bumpers that have issues? Just guessing at this point based on the posts.
The problem is with the OEM Steel bumper. The drivers side opening is a little smaller due to a manufacturing defect. The lights probably fit into the plastic bumpers (drivers side) because the plastic will give while the steel wonā€™t. I used a Dremel (tungsten carbide bit #9903) to shave off a little over 1/16 of an inch off of the left side of the drivers side opening and the light popped into place just like the passenger. Even with ā€œsome assembly requiredā€ it is an elegant solution for fixing the piss poor lighting provided by the factory, and IMO worth the extra effort.

I knew it w

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed mine today in a plastic bumper. I did not take my bumper off but those screws are a pain. I understand the complaints about the plastic splices for the wiring, but I also understand Oracle's reasoning considering you have to design it so the maximum number of people can do it. Like many, I cut the harnesses down and spliced them together and did it the right way. No problems and they are BRIGHT! I love them. After I add aux switches, I'll tie them in as well.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Finally got around to installing mine today on my plastic rear bumper. I did not remove the bumper and per instructions used a swivel adapter and socket to remove the OEM reflector screws. Itā€™s doable, but patience and a cold beer are recommended. I decided to use double-sided tape instead of reinstalling the provided retaining screws. The fitment on my bumper was excellent. I also opted to use posi-taps (thanks for the suggestion @BLACKMOAB) for the wiring in lieu of the included t-taps. I donā€™t have AUX / tow package, so I connected to the tail lights.

The lights are very bright and a significant improvement over stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 8302ED9C-5A21-4C58-BF36-1912496AFC64

Last edited:

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I too did this over the weekend. no pictures, sorry. I have the metal bumper. Went the @Rhinebeck01 way of just drilling the plastic reflectors out, it sort of worked, I didn't expect that there would be one of those metal wingnut screw holders on back. Couple more small drill holes and I was able to break it out. Like most others the passenger side went right in. The driver side I punched the bumper, and then still removed about an 1/8" of metal from the light. It went in, but I wasn't 100% convinced it was sitting flat, so it hit it with my palm and still cracked it a bit... not worried about it.

We tied the lights together and extended the wires up to the passenger taillight. I had plans to go to the 7-pin tow harness, but decided last minute to put as many connections as possible up out of the way, including the ground.

I went a step further on the install. I wanted to have a switch up front to kill the lights if I was out on a trail and didn't want to blind people behind me. My friend then suggested adding a SPDT switch instead and also have the ability to have the lights on constant for say, camp setup lighting. So we ran a pair of wires to the front, Added a switch right below the dimmer control. One wire is from the reverse light, and the other is the wire back to the Oracle lights. That was needed for the kill switch either way, so all it took was a short wire from constant (aux switches under dash) to switch.

Connected and grounded lights behind passenger light, but I made the connection to the wire harness side, not onto the tail light side, so the tail light can still be removed. I didn't use any of the Oracle hardware, used a more profession style t-tap I use on projects, but really like the positap I see here in the previous post, looks easier. :)

So switch is either "Reverse Lights", "Off", or "Constant". The lights and switch work great. Maybe I'll get a picture of the installed switch later.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Happy Monday! Just a few updates for you all. Below, please find our updated installation video. We've taken your comments into consideration and have slowed the video as well as provided more details about the process of optional bumper removal and wiring information that should help those installing themselves.

Regarding the confusion we have seen with the wire colors from a few customers, we have confirmed that these customers are attempting to tap into the factory harness rather than the taillights themselves. Both LED and halogen have the wire colors listed (orange and purple) as seen below so please be sure you are tapping into the taillight wires - not the factory harness.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights IMG_2613.JPG

Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-407-5776 if you have additional questions during your install. Thanks and loving the photos of your Jeeps!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Did a light tint film on the reverse lights.

569052D9-652A-4D0F-AB18-DE6478CCB148.jpeg

8981E945-7B63-40AE-B6A7-4CBB68579DE6.jpeg

EA26DF0D-8BA7-4A53-A6C7-9A45194390F1.jpeg

411513F1-78B3-4599-9667-AF0E326C31D3.jpeg

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Happy Monday! Just a few updates for you all. Below, please find our updated installation video. We've taken your comments into consideration and have slowed the video as well as provided more details about the process of optional bumper removal and wiring information that should help those installing themselves.

Regarding the confusion we have seen with the wire colors from a few customers, we have confirmed that these customers are attempting to tap into the factory harness rather than the taillights themselves. Both LED and halogen have the wire colors listed (orange and purple) as seen below so please be sure you are tapping into the taillight wires - not the factory harness.

IMG_2613.JPG

Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-407-5776 if you have additional questions during your install. Thanks and loving the photos of your Jeeps!
@ORACLElights, what is being done to resolve the folks that have stock steel bumpers drivers side clearance issues?

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone else having condensation on the inside of the lense?
Is this concern still present, Pepe My Little Mule? We suggest bringing your Jeep to the dealer for assistance but if you'd like to discuss further, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
@ORACLElights, what is being done to resolve the folks that have stock steel bumpers drivers side clearance issues?
I have the same question, they reached out to me Jan 11 and wanted to make it right which I gave them kudos for but never heard back from them at all.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Orlace
I have the same question, they reached out to me Jan 11 and wanted to make it right which I gave them kudos for but never heard back from them at all.
Oracle loaded a new video on their website for people with a steel bumper. They actually expect you to dremel the metal housing away to make it fit........hmmmmmm

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Orlace

Oracle loaded a new video on their website for people with a steel bumper. They actually expect you to dremel the metal housing away to make it fit........hmmmmmm
Frustrating for sure. But, technically, you have 2 options...dremel the light to make it fit or return it for a full refund. How bad do you want it? It's not like they are manufacturing these themselves. I am guessing they ordered a bunch of these and it is not easy to address this issue internally. But they are offering to make everyone whole. What else do you expect?
Sponsored