IMG_2357.JPG
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This is the type of wheeling I do....

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear breaks need replaced for the second time at 2500 miles IMG_2357.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear breaks need replaced for the second time at 2500 miles IMG_2357.JPG

This could explain a lot. I dont think these Jeeps brakes were made to be soaked in mud, all the time. Do you rinse everything off after?? Could slotted rotors, and different types of brake pads work better in the mud?
Oh, one more thing, get some tires designed for that goo.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
This is the type of wheeling I do....

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG
lol....for this typemof w
This could explain a lot. I dont think these Jeeps brakes were made to be soaked in mud, all the time. Do you rinse everything off after?? Could slotted rotors, and different types of brake pads work better in the mud?

I agree. He needs mudders for this type of work and hope the Jeep gets thoroughly cleaned after each session rather than just using a garden hose. If not, he could be looking at a rusted frame very early on.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
LOL first time in the 4wd world and dude goes ALL IN
Problem is if he goes all in like this the Jeep may give him a hard time when it gets older with things like rust, plus transmission and engine issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I do make sure I wash the brakes very well after. Right now I'm thinking of going with the z36 kit with the slotted and drilled rotors for the front and rear. Yes I am looking at some 35" m/t's.

lol....for this typemof w

I agree. He needs mudders for this type of work and hope the Jeep gets thoroughly cleaned after each session rather than just using a garden hose. If not, he could be looking at a rusted frame very early on.
yeah... Lol. Sorry I might actually play with my jeep... :CWL:
I will say I am starting to notice to paint scraping away and I'm going under this weekend to tidy everything up with some paint.

LOL first time in the 4wd world and dude goes ALL IN
Yeah I'm not afraid to since for one I am mechanically intelligent and you PAY TO PLAY

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
good thing its a lease... :like:
That’s a bold strategy cotton. It’s not a rental car with full coverage.... it seems you’re avoiding the dealer since it’s a lease and you’re full sending the Jeep. It’s your lease and contract, so you do you, but damn.

OP
OP

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I know that with all the mud and sand I will run through the brakes and shocks and change fluids often. Apparently no one goes as hard as I do... Im no newbie when it comes to vehicles. As I'm currently doing a motor swap on a 300zx and building the motor to go in it (rotating assembly and upper engine, etc)

OP
OP

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
That’s a bold strategy cotton. It’s not a rental car with full coverage.... it seems you’re avoiding the dealer since it’s a lease and you’re full sending the Jeep. It’s your lease and contract, so you do you, but damn.
I will say with all the wear and tear I've put on it in 6 months and 2500 miles, right now I'm thinking that a hitch will be on the todo list with a SxS in the next 6 months. Ive found that the 4x4 world can be as much fun as the speed world.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
To each their own - A new Wrangler is too expensive to trash like that. I’m all for fun...but that kind of mud play should be reserved for old hunks of junk IMHO. Mud like that destroys. Again - not my money, not my problem.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
From your wheeling it looks like you're dealing with a lot of wheel spin. You need to turn off traction control when you're doing that. The computer in your jeep will attempt to use the brakes to transfer power to the wheel with more traction, much like a computer controlled limited slip. My guess is that's what's killing your rear brakes. You may still want to get it checked out by a dealer if you aren't wheeling like that a lot. You can foot brake when you need the extra bias to the other wheel.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Those are no longer brake pads, they've been turned into sanding blocks.
Sponsored