Sponsored

Rear Anti-Rock with factory front SB disco?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Hey folks, just curious if anyone has kept their factory front swaybar disconnect and added the Currie rear Anti-Rock. If so, Pros? Cons?

TIA
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, what's wrong with the factory sway bar that's making you thing about the Antirock? After a lot of research, I recently swapped to their front and rear sway kits. They're designed to perform at their best when paired together.

The factory rear bar is on the stiffer side, to add a measure of body control when the front is disconnected. Adding just the rear Antirock would increase body roll when off camber and disconnected. This is where having both comes into play. Since both are always connected, they'll share the workload of each axle wanting to articulate in opposite directions, while keeping the body sitting closer to level than with the stock arrangement.

I'm not at all saying that just doing the rear won't work, you just won't get the full affect until matching the front. Litebrite had the Antirock rear and factory edisconnect front for a while. They never complained, but I remember immediately noticing that the rear of the Jeep was quicker to lean over. More recently they added the front and immediately noted the improved feel just test driving around an industrial complex. And following videos showed how much more level the body stayed while each axle was flexing back and forth.

I haven't tested mine offroad yet, but I've noticed that it feels more poised when going through dips that only affect the passenger side wheels. The body doesn't follow the axles as rigidly as before, but overall, the small increase in felt body roll in turns and corners isn't enough to not be able to toss the Jeep through them.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Curious, what's wrong with the factory sway bar that's making you thing about the Antirock? After a lot of research, I recently swapped to their front and rear sway kits. They're designed to perform at their best when paired together.

The factory rear bar is on the stiffer side, to add a measure of body control when the front is disconnected. Adding just the rear Antirock would increase body roll when off camber and disconnected. This is where having both comes into play. Since both are always connected, they'll share the workload of each axle wanting to articulate in opposite directions, while keeping the body sitting closer to level than with the stock arrangement.

I'm not at all saying that just doing the rear won't work, you just won't get the full affect until matching the front. Litebrite had the Antirock rear and factory edisconnect front for a while. They never complained, but I remember immediately noticing that the rear of the Jeep was quicker to lean over. More recently they added the front and immediately noted the improved feel just test driving around an industrial complex. And following videos showed how much more level the body stayed while each axle was flexing back and forth.

I haven't tested mine offroad yet, but I've noticed that it feels more poised when going through dips that only affect the passenger side wheels. The body doesn't follow the axles as rigidly as before, but overall, the small increase in felt body roll in turns and corners isn't enough to not be able to toss the Jeep through them.
Thank you for the input.

I dont think anything is “wrong” with the factory rear SB. I had AntiRock on the front of my TJ and no SB on the rear. Worked well off road. On road it was a jeep, not a sports car.

With my current Rubi I thought the factory disco would give great articulation and a rear AntiRock would give additional articulation without sacrificing too much on road performance.

I saw the LB video after they installed both, I did not realize they had run just the rear for a while.

Overall Im just looking at all my options right now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the input.

I dont think anything is “wrong” with the factory rear SB. I had AntiRock on the front of my TJ and no SB on the rear. Worked well off road. On road it was a jeep, not a sports car.

With my current Rubi I thought the factory disco would give great articulation and a rear AntiRock would give additional articulation without sacrificing too much on road performance.

I saw the LB video after they installed both, I did not realize they had run just the rear for a while.

Overall Im just looking at all my options right now.
When reading on them, the majority of the on road driving complaints were coming from JK owners. Their rears shocks are mounted on the inner frame rails vs the outer location on the JL. This gives the JL's shocks more leverage over the body and results in more control over body roll.

I did the rear Antirock because the factory sway bar was robbing the last bit of potential tire stuff. One of the main reasons that drove me to also doing the rear was the No Limits front links were to short, even fully extended. I went with the shorter set when I should've gone with the longer pair. To buy them again would've added up to the front AntiRock. Having that front and rear balance is a nice perk, but my thinking is that it's not a necessity. I noticed repeated mentions to those newer to offroading, like myself, getting that uneasy feeling when cresting an obstacle and the weight of the Jeep tips forward and stuffs the disconnected axle. It sounds like you're a ways further down the trail than I am, so to speak, and only the rear would definitely deliver what you're after.

Here's a pic of the rear installed. I opted for the lower cost chromoly arms vs the aluminum version, with the thought of having potentially stronger shaft splines.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Anti-Rock with factory front SB disco? 20210816_101653

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
When reading on them, the majority of the on road driving complaints were coming from JK owners. Their rears shocks are mounted on the inner frame rails vs the outer location on the JL. This gives the JL's shocks more leverage over the body and results in more control over body roll.

I did the rear Antirock because the factory sway bar was robbing the last bit of potential tire stuff. One of the main reasons that drove me to also doing the rear was the No Limits front links were to short, even fully extended. I went with the shorter set when I should've gone with the longer pair. To buy them again would've added up to the front AntiRock. Having that front and rear balance is a nice perk, but my thinking is that it's not a necessity. I noticed repeated mentions to those newer to offroading, like myself, getting that uneasy feeling when cresting an obstacle and the weight of the Jeep tips forward and stuffs the disconnected axle. It sounds like you're a ways further down the trail than I am, so to speak, and only the rear would definitely deliver what you're after.

Here's a pic of the rear installed. I opted for the lower cost chromoly arms vs the aluminum version, with the thought of having potentially stronger shaft splines.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Anti-Rock with factory front SB disco? 20210816_101653
Thank you. Great input. Im thinking a rear AntiRock might give me more droop on a hanging tire. Right now with stock rear SB I can fully stuff a tire hard on the bump to the point my 315s actually rub a tiny bit.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Great input. Im thinking a rear AntiRock might give me more droop on a hanging tire. Right now with stock rear SB I can fully stuff a tire hard on the bump to the point my 315s actually rub a tiny bit.
Yeah, it definitely will increase droop. In that LB front install video, they explained how the freer moving rear axle is why these add more total flex when offroad.

The aluminum arm kit is on a 30 day wait, but the chromoly version is in stock...

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/sway-bars/ce-9900jlr4-rockjock-antirock-rear-sway-bar-kit

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
The CroMo arms can be bent back into shape with a vise and a sledge.

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I'm also interested if anyone has any feedback on running the rockjock antisway bar on the rear while retaining the factory E-disconnect on the front.

The reason why I am looking to replace the rear bar is for a clearance issue with where the stock bar is located (the stock rear sway bar is touching and rubbing on my aftermarket exhaust. Going to a rockjock bar would relocate where this is and solve my issue.

Anyone have good or bad experience with this as of yet?
Sponsored