Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
In our explorer, the home link garage door opener works with the engine and accessories off. In my 2020 Jeep, I open the door and try to activate the garage door and....nothing happens. Seems like a design miss on Jeeps part. Love my Jeep but this is my only grip. I bet the bronco will work like the explorer

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
My last Ford was a 1956 2-door coupe, but I am planning to test drive a Bronco this year; things the Bronco has that I would like on the Wrangler---a normal non-folding windshield that has no howling wind leaks, a hardtop design that does not allow water to stream into the cabin when opening doors in the rain and power front seats.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
In our explorer, the home link garage door opener works with the engine and accessories off. In my 2020 Jeep, I open the door and try to activate the garage door and....nothing happens. Seems like a design miss on Jeeps part. Love my Jeep but this is my only grip. I bet the bronco will work like the explorer
I wouldn't say it's a design flaw in the Jeep, but by design. Especially for those with a soft top, it would be easy for someone to get in, hit the button, and have access to your garage, not just what you have in the Jeep. I haven't had homelink in any car, but I can tell you I'd rather it work the way the Jeep does, not how your Explorer does

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I agree , Add a one piece metal top, no removable anything. Maybe a sun roof. Remember the older land cruisers. However they road like a horse and buggy but would go anywhere.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Uh...it's not like this thing hasn't been in umpteen videos plastered all over the internet on both the Rubicon and in Moab. We can make a pretty accurate assessment based on what Ford has shown.

The IFS is nothing special and while IFS can be amazing offroad, the Brono's is not....and that's largely due to a production vehicle that has to meet NTHSA crash standards and many other considerations; the pinnacle of which is NOT offroad prowess.

What is special is the low gearing and the real lockers front and rear. For IFS, it's not a first, but it's a rarity in the commercial space.
35" tires on beadlock capable wheels from the factory is unique...dont know another production vehicle having that option.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
35" tires on beadlock capable wheels from the factory is unique...dont know another production vehicle having that option.
True, but there's a larger second hand market for factory 33's. I had a slower go at selling my factory wheels because of the 35" ko2's that they were wrapped with.

My wife is interested in the Badlands model, which has everything from the Bigfoot package, except the 35's. She likes the bigger tires, but not the weight penalty of beadlocks she doesn't need or mud terrains she doesn't want.

So, in my opinion, its convenient for those who would go that route even if given the option. But not so much for those wanting bigger rubber and/or some tire poke. Doubtful that the factory would offer the tire poking ability that isn't allowed everywhere.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
True, but there's a larger second hand market for factory 33's. I had a slower go at selling my factory wheels because of the 35" ko2's that they were wrapped with.

My wife is interested in the Badlands model, which has everything from the Bigfoot package, except the 35's. She likes the bigger tires, but not the weight penalty of beadlocks she doesn't need or mud terrains she doesn't want.

So, in my opinion, its convenient for those who would go that route even if given the option. But not so much for those wanting bigger rubber and/or some tire poke. Doubtful that the factory would offer the tire poking ability that isn't allowed everywhere.
The Sasquatch package has different flares, wheels, tires, and a slightly higher lift than the BL trim level itself.
I also want to say the wheels are bead lock "capable", but do not come with lock rings. That's another $900 I believe. I might be wrong on the price, so don't hold me to that.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What a crying shame, to see a great and knowledgeable guy like Sean K on the banned list!

Hope to hear from you again, buddy!
Totally agree. I read his posts. Don't see where he stepped over the line.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Cool...I wasnt talking about selling tires or tire poke...was simply replying to Sean saying 35" tires on beadlock capable wheels from the factory is unique.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I hope it pans out well. My wife wants a loaded 2 door Badlands, so my fingers are crossed for a drama free experience.
I am hesitant. Ford made a big mistake doing all that marketing so early. I know they didn't account for more of the recent delays, but having literally a year for all this stuff to marinate has let the hype come waaaaaaaay down for people like me.

I'm just really worried a Base bronco is gonna be way under the capability of a sport.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am hesitant. Ford made a big mistake doing all that marketing so early. I know they didn't account for more of the recent delays, but having literally a year for all this stuff to marinate has let the hype come waaaaaaaay down for people like me.

I'm just really worried a Base bronco is gonna be way under the capability of a sport.
Agreed, they should've gotten their affairs better put together so they could strike the iron while it was hot.

As far as capability, it really just comes down to your intended use. The Wrangler Sport is a dual market segment vehicle, for those on a strict budget or those wanting a clean slate for skies the limit building. Theres already an established plethora of aftermarket options, which are generally of higher quality at a lower price than Mopars offerings.

A base bronco can be built up, but one is limited to Fords parts that will undoubtedly be as champagne priced as Mopar. Also, I predict a long lag time for the big aftermarket names to support it. And when it does, it'll most likely be spearheaded by things along the lines of angry eye grills and rgb lighting. If things like lift kits ever emerge, they'll be incredibly priced to be done right, or they'll be comparable to spacer lifts. All show and no go.

To wrap up this babble, the base Bronco with sasquatch lift and 35's has the benefit of the 44 axles and the JL Sport with a comparable lift and 35's the ability to articulate at a higher degree. Again, the big question is what type of terrain are you wanting to traverse.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool...I wasnt talking about selling tires or tire poke...was simply replying to Sean saying 35" tires on beadlock capable wheels from the factory is unique.
Yeah, forgive me, was just trying to add the flip side of the coin like Sean would. Lol

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
The few things Ford did with the Bronco that Jeep could learn from...
1. The option packages. The fact that the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim level opens up a word of possibilities. Imagine a Sport Wrangler with Rubicon package where you get lockers, a lift and 35’s. If the Ford world, you upgrade trim if you want more tech, not more off-road features... makes sense.
2. Marine grade vinyl seats. Makes sense for an off-road vehicle. My YJ had it years ago, was great. Should be an option today.
3. Technology. Jeep has been slow to adopt modern tech like rain sensitive wipers, auto lane centering, power memory seats etc... I get it... it’s a Wrangler, but some people like tech. Make it available.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The few things Ford did with the Bronco that Jeep could learn from...
1. The option packages. The fact that the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim level opens up a word of possibilities. Imagine a Sport Wrangler with Rubicon package where you get lockers, a lift and 35’s. If the Ford world, you upgrade trim if you want more tech, not more off-road features... makes sense.
2. Marine grade vinyl seats. Makes sense for an off-road vehicle. My YJ had it years ago, was great. Should be an option today.
3. Technology. Jeep has been slow to adopt modern tech like rain sensitive wipers, auto lane centering, power memory seats etc... I get it... it’s a Wrangler, but some people like tech. Make it available.
It's 2021, make LED lighting and proximity locks standard. It's a simple money grab for FCA bc they haven't had any competition and could get away with charging for it. Really glad to see the bronco coming..
Sponsored