Sponsored

Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Right now I am in the 2DR BL camp w/o Sasquatch. The Sasquatch flares are too wide and I dislike the tires...bloated cow. Ford has indeed confirmed that 2 inch lift will be offered in the B&P in the next month or so. What it entails and cost is still anyones guess.
I didn't know that about the lift - that's pretty cool. Can that be put on a Base?

(And I agree about the sasquatch stuff - some of it is overkill)
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I didn't know that about the lift - that's pretty cool. Can that be put on a Base?
I am not certain what trim levels it can be added to...I don't see the base being an issue...I can see the Sasquatch maybe being an issue though. I don't know if it is factory installed or dealer installed. my guess would be dealer installed. Time will tell.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Not saying you're wrong at all...it's entirely possible, just short sighted on Ford's part if that is the game they are trying to play.
Yea. I don't know. I've never been a Ford guy, and it seems to be one of those companies that you never really hear stuff in the middle - it's usually love them or hate them. And it seems they were pretty sleazy about acknowledging and addressing transmission problems in the Fusion. But pretty much all car companies have been caught in something like that.

We'll see. I like to try different vehicles, so if I can get over the look of the front end of the Bronco, I may give a 2-door a spin in a few years. There's just something even more classic about jeep and its design that I can't shake, though. And I can still get a jeep without all the nanny systems.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
My last Ford was a 1956 2-door coupe, but I am planning to test drive a Bronco this year; things the Bronco has that I would like on the Wrangler---a normal non-folding windshield that has no howling wind leaks, a hardtop design that does not allow water to stream into the cabin when opening doors in the rain and power front seats.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
No worries....I'm all for tangents and truly free speech. I'll only get personal if you do first (not meant as a jab at anyone here...it's my SOP for forum posts)....but that's part of free speech. ;)

Agree with everything you said...only note I'd add is to make it clear the Rubicon/Moab Broncos were not the 37" equipped rigs.
Agree, none of the test rigs were on 37s.
I only pointed out the Cyber Orange Bronco that was on 37's because it was not even a functioning unit, but was still posed by Ford during some of their press releases.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The Broncos ifs will ride better on the road, which will translate to sales. Roughly 20% of wranglers never go off road. Those buyers either want the look, want the open top no doors ability, or want the sure footed feeling in inclement weather. The Bronco is guaranteed to deliver on those aspects. Will it be as good as a wrangler rock crawling? I highly doubt it. Do most new wrangler buyers come any where near pushing a rubicon to it’s limits? By the sheer number of “you are taking that up this trail” comments we got in the first year of wheeling our 2019 JLUR in stock form, I would say likely not. At speed, like across the desert, the ifs has an advantage. On road smoothness, the ifs has an advantage. The on roaders and soft roaders will love the new bronco, and that alone will translate into massive sales numbers...if they ever start actually delivering them.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
My last Ford was a 1956 2-door coupe, but I am planning to test drive a Bronco this year; things the Bronco has that I would like on the Wrangler---a normal non-folding windshield that has no howling wind leaks, a hardtop design that does not allow water to stream into the cabin when opening doors in the rain and power front seats.
based on what im hearing about the Bronco delay, youre better off investing in a nice Gore Tex rain jacket. They cant get that thing to stop leaking everywhere

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Sean K.
You gotta relax, man. I asked why you didn't respond because you posted again and didn't respond to me. It's as simple as that. You're getting a little out of hand with the personal insults; just tone it down.

Anyway, as for the content, you're misrepresenting me again. Once more, for clarity, I am of the opinion that I want to see the final, mass market production Bronco in the hands of reviewers with detailed and published specs before I judge anything. It's just as simple as that. I never said we can't make "any" judgements about the suspension. Never. I said that independent suspensions have come a long way, something that many of us has discussed to death and mostly agree on. That's it. Whatever else you're spinning out of that is on you. I think anyone who's gonna fully judge the thing right now is crazy.

A picture of a pre-production vehicle of unknown specs going over a bump is enough for you to judge the whole suspension situation? I mean, that's fine. And we know the independent suspension isn't gonna plant like a solid axle does, but I just wanna know more. I wanna see more from reviewers when they get their hands on it. I wanna hear from people who test drive it and especially from people who buy it and run it offroad alongside some JLs. I'm not willing to say "I've seen enough" at this point.

And I'm in the "no Bronco" club at the moment. I keep swinging back and forth, but I love my JL too much to let it go anytime soon. I'm out of warranty in a couple months already and I can't believe how fast 3 years went by. Usually I'm itching to get out of a vehicle after this long, but I already have so many cool memories with this jeep doing mods and taking it offroad - and I like the looks way more than the bronco, I've decided.
I hope it pans out well. My wife wants a loaded 2 door Badlands, so my fingers are crossed for a drama free experience.

There's a lot of videos that show the performance of the suspension system, so it's not a matter of judging on a simple picture. The only thing that it offers over every other standard short arm ifs vehicle, is lockers and sway disconnect. A long arm ifs, like the baja trucks showcased in the unveil movie, would be a different story, but it would price the vehicle out of its target audience. Those who prioritize daily drive ability over off road ability.

Targeting the lighter use, image seaking crowd is a smart move on Fords part. 4h auto, push button transfer case, and a roof made out of several easy to manage pieces are proof of that pudding. Less drivers engagement is valued by that consumer segment.
Ooo, I want to do that to my Jeep.

Seriously though, Ford should've consulted those guys about articulation. Hahaha!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Ooo, I want to do that to my Jeep.

Seriously though, Ford should've consulted those guys about articulation. Hahaha!
IFS doesn't necessarily mean the vehicle won't flex... it's just that the rear has to do more of the flexing:

Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler -highest-3-wheel-260038_222710481190481_56264932_n

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've known several guys that did that here (done by Jason Paule at Twisted Customs up in SD actually)....Tracy Jordan and Don Robbins to name two. INSANE capability with hydraulic rams on each corner (and coilovers in the rear/leaves up front) and 4wheel steer. If RCAA hadn't outlawed its use, the sport would probably look VERY different in terms of the difficulty of the obstacles.

I saw Tracy literally drive his onto a 5' loading dock by just picking up one tire at a time and driving forward (slight angle) until all 4 were on top. Not to mention the insane angles they could hold by pushing the rams down on the low side and compressing the high side.

Definitely the most capable rigs I've ever seen. Driving them took a lot of error to get good....Tracy launched himself off several obstacles figuring it all out....but it made him one of the best drivers I've ever seen too.
What a crying shame, to see a great and knowledgeable guy like Sean K on the banned list!

Hope to hear from you again, buddy!