Sponsored

Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Traded my 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost for the JLUR. Wish I had that motor in the Jeep. Or at least twin turbo the 3.6L.
Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Why is it so difficult for an aftermarket company to make some half-doors like so many clearly want?

For me, I would like cooled seats

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Traded my 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost for the JLUR. Wish I had that motor in the Jeep. Or at least twin turbo the 3.6L.
Mine is a 2016 3.5 Ecoboost. If I could get that engine in a JLUR I'd be down at the dealership placing an order immediately. As it is, I'll wait to see how the Bronco with the 2.7 Ecoboost pans out because I WILL NOT buy a Jeep 3.6 with the ETorque!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
All the Broncos that will be made for quite a while will be reservation-based, and you will order it exactly how you want it. It will be at least a year or so after production starts before they show up on the lot as available units.

Right now Ford is “listening” to requests for the Sasquatch package (35s, f/r lockers, disconnecting sway bar) to be offered on the base model and with a manual trans. May or may not happen first year, but it will happen. A base model with nothing but most of what makes a Rubicon a Rubicon on it is going to change the market. Many people won’t pay $50K-$65K for Rubicon if you can get a similarly-capable base Bronco for $10-20K less.
I agree. I wouldn't have paid 50-60k for a rubi, either - that's why I looked around to find one for 41, and ended up getting one for 42.

I'm not saying Broncos won't have 4 door models with lockers and disconnects at 42k, I'm saying I highly doubt they will end up being much cheaper than that when the ink is dry on the purchase agreement.

That isn't to say they aren't both great rigs, but in that particular segment (4dr, lockers, discos) I imagine ppl will buy the brand they like best because there probably wont be that much deviation in price. Time will definitely tell, though.

Cheers!

Edit - I had to be sure so I went to check. Looks like Badlands are about 42k for the 2door, 44k for the 4door, so a *little* more but right in that ballpark. What that MSRP actually ends up being when models show up on lot inventory and are subject to various promos, who knows.

What happens with a base model 2 door with nothing but off road amenities will be interesting, but irrelevant to me, because in my particular case if I was purchasing either of these brands the 4 door would be the only one I'd consider for the amount of stuff I haul around/sleeping in the rig.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just for reference, a friend of mine just picked up a new 2dr Rubicon in Houston for 36k. Hardtop 8.1 and LED package. So I don't think that pricing is going to be the determining factor that will make someone go with the Bronco.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Agreed. I'm still baffled how my '99 4Runner has more interior room than the wife's '18 JLUR , has a lower overall height, yet more frame clearance on much smaller tires and is physically at least 5-10" narrower. New Toyotas are no better....they've gotten bloated as well.

Gone are the days of small, nimble, light production 4x4s in the US it would seem. Sad to see them go frankly. Guess it's becoming more and more evident if you want a hardcore offroad rig, you either have to buy something older and build it, or build something from the ground up.
I have the 5 speed 97 4 runner, I think the reason is seat layout. It's a weird position that has you pretty much sitting on the floor which is why I think it the ground clearance it has. It's pretty impressive and I think about building it up all the time.

The departure angle does suck but the reason it has so much room in the back. I also wish it had the jeeps 3.6. lol

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
The 7 speed with the crawl gear would be great and the availability with the turbo

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I have had instances when neither FCA nor the dealer stood behind the warranty on my last JK. I am not too impressed with either.

Whether it is FCA or the dealer’s fault, that is a distinction I am not willing to make. Dealers represent FCA to the customers. If a dealer sucks, then it is FCA’s job to do something about it.

With regards to Ford, I doubt that customer experience is going to be significantly better than FCA’s.

One of the best customer experiences I had in recent years was when I bought my 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. It wasn’t an amazing experience, but it was competent and professional. That’s a lot more than I can say about most interactions I’ve had with Jeep dealers in recent past.

If Toyota offered a viable alternative to Wrangler, like an up-to-date FJ Cruiser 4-door, which Toyota is reportedly considering right now, that would definitely catch my attention.
My experience, FCA won't stand behind Mopar accessories that I purchased at the dealer, and had installed by the dealer. They do not work by design, yet, the catalog claims they do. Jeep cares was no help either.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Just for reference, a friend of mine just picked up a new 2dr Rubicon in Houston for 36k. Hardtop 8.1 and LED package. So I don't think that pricing is going to be the determining factor that will make someone go with the Bronco.
I paid 43k for my JLUR, love the darn thing but I do miss my 2 door. That's a pretty good price point that bronco wont likely touch in more ways than one.

Sponsored

BD-YYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara - Sting Grey
I would love to have the FORD coded entry system on the Jeep, or even the Jaguar "activity band" bracelet key. For a vehicle designed for outdoor adventure it would be nice to not have to carry the brick key on hikes, bike rides, etc.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
I saw one of these on the road last week. Smaller than I thought they would be. Reminded me of a Toyota Highlander in size. It looked good, but I would be curious to see how spacious it feels compared to a JL.
Sponsored