Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Would the seats have been more comfortable if she’d taken them off first? I always found things to work better that way....
Getting the jeans off was the hard part. Those wranglers are tough to remove in a confined space.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It seams a lot of "wants" from current owners are simple fixes or build choices. I think Jeep will start to listen just a bit. I honestly think that Jeep could give us current owners a feeling of listen by just over the air software updates to Uconnect. I feel that Jeep needs to not only look at future owners, but us current owners, that are hard looking at the Bronco. I'm not planning on switching, but if Ford does turn out to be a contender even if it's close. Jeep needs to step up the game with not only products but also, in the amount of care they have for the loyal customer.

Here me out for a minute and I have started to draft a open letter to Jeep with some of these "we care" updates.

Uconnect Updates- Over the Air or even at the dealer.
1) ability to adjust TPMS settings - those that air/up down wouldn't have to deal with warning lights/chimes.
2) horn chirp when airing up/down - When tires are at a preset pressure
2) Change tire size - owners switch tires like underwear - why not give the owners a tad bit control over their "adult Lego's"
3) Sway Bar disconnect 2wd w/ no speed max - even if they would bump the max speed up to 25-30 mph would help. If its a liability issue then slap a warning on it. nothing worse than driving down a trail in between obstacles and having your sway bar connect/disconnect constantly because your over 15 mph (I think that's the speed)
4) collaborate with Gaia, OnX, All Trails, create a GPS enable App for off-roading trails. (I would pay a subscription to have this on my Jeep, I already do for my phone!)

Options package
1) Order options for axles, tires, lockers - all models.
2) 35's out the door for Rubicon/Recon - if fuel efficiency is the reason. Real world I get better millage w/ 35's and a 2' lift then I did stock. (yes, I have measured and changed my tire size.)
3) HALF DOORS!

Refresh
1) Figure the mirrors out, I understand it can't be placed similar to the Bronco with the folding windshield. There has to be a way to figure away out for Door less mirrors.
2) Module roof - still up in the air on this as it does open the door for more leak points.
3) integrated roof rack - a hardtop with either rails built in or even something that would support RTT's

This is just a start, we all want more out of our Jeep and I do believe the will start to listen a bit more. Call me ignorant but I have faith.
Good list and I would add 4.88s

I also agree that all the gushing on the bronco features are easy (except the 2.7) updates on the jeep. I guarantee jeep will add those and up them. Ford had the luxury of seeing what the jeep offers and upped them a bit....except for the lame IFS of course. lol

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I don't think it is a complicated "syndrome". If I am not happy with MY Jeep I will buy something else. It wont be based on other people's forum posts.You dont know how everyone else was "treated" by Jeep - do you?
I wasnt treated all that well with a ford dealer either. Not treated right has nothing to do with the vehicle.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Not treated right has nothing to do with the vehicle.
Has everything to do with a mutually satisfactory deal and the taste remaining in one's mouth.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Has everything to do with a mutually satisfactory deal and the taste remaining in one's mouth.
You went to the wrong place. I checked out my dealer and had a great experience buying mine and if I didnt I wouldnt blame the company, just the dealership. Now if JEEP didnt stand behind something wrong that is a different story. But they have been pretty good in the past, even extending warranty's.

I have had a bad experience with FORD. A truck burning a quart of oil every 600 miles is ok with FORD the company. LAME.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I think you mean to say you're "needing a change of boots" :CWL:
There's humor in this reply, I'm just not sure I'm getting what was intended. Was it Bronco's 33.5" water fording clearance versus the JL's stock 30"? :)

I suppose that's as good as any. :)

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
Correct. Mine included.
Mine will be there also if the Bronco can actually drive on road without constant corrections. FCA is stonewalling this issue so I have kind of given up hope they would address it.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
I have had a bad experience with FORD. A truck burning a quart of oil every 600 miles is ok with FORD the company. LAME
I guess that's what I call a bad taste.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
There's humor in this reply, I'm just not sure I'm getting what was intended. Was it Bronco's 33.5" water fording clearance versus the JL's stock 30"? :)

I suppose that's as good as any. :)
Well you said you're getting your feet wet because of the Bronco release which sounded like you were releasing something of your own in to your boots in glee.

Sponsored

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
The Bronco is Grand Cherokee size; these are rounded off numbers, length 190", width 76", passenger interior 105 cu ft and Bronco wheel track is 65" while G. Cherokee is 64".

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah if the Bronco can accurately furnish outdoor temp when on the trail.....I want that

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
We need the HALF DOORS brought back! Love the frameless doors of the Bronco. I think most people agree, the Wrangler just looks plain goofy with full doors on and top off, just hideous to me.

I recently emailed FCA asking about the half doors and reminded them of their misleading advertising of the 2018 JL showing half doors.

They replied to me and said “unfortunately we will not be offering half doors for the JL”. This just makes me sick but what can you do?
Sponsored