Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all for manual control, starting with the transmission. If this Bronco allowed you to unlock the back axle and manually brake-lock a rear tire for a turn, heck ya! But it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything near that engaging
It is a cool feature.

I'd like Jeep to introduce a factory optional Atlas transfer case, for those tight situations where it would be nice to use 2lo.

Litebrite released a video not long ago, where he had to knock back into 2 hi with brake held to spin the ass around to line up for a steep climb. Definitely worth watching. It was during a group trail run, but no one else wanted to join them in that specific obstacle.
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
It seams a lot of "wants" from current owners are simple fixes or build choices. I think Jeep will start to listen just a bit. I honestly think that Jeep could give us current owners a feeling of listen by just over the air software updates to Uconnect. I feel that Jeep needs to not only look at future owners, but us current owners, that are hard looking at the Bronco. I'm not planning on switching, but if Ford does turn out to be a contender even if it's close. Jeep needs to step up the game with not only products but also, in the amount of care they have for the loyal customer.

Here me out for a minute and I have started to draft a open letter to Jeep with some of these "we care" updates.

Uconnect Updates- Over the Air or even at the dealer.
1) ability to adjust TPMS settings - those that air/up down wouldn't have to deal with warning lights/chimes.
2) horn chirp when airing up/down - When tires are at a preset pressure
2) Change tire size - owners switch tires like underwear - why not give the owners a tad bit control over their "adult Lego's"
3) Sway Bar disconnect 2wd w/ no speed max - even if they would bump the max speed up to 25-30 mph would help. If its a liability issue then slap a warning on it. nothing worse than driving down a trail in between obstacles and having your sway bar connect/disconnect constantly because your over 15 mph (I think that's the speed)
4) collaborate with Gaia, OnX, All Trails, create a GPS enable App for off-roading trails. (I would pay a subscription to have this on my Jeep, I already do for my phone!)

Options package
1) Order options for axles, tires, lockers - all models.
2) 35's out the door for Rubicon/Recon - if fuel efficiency is the reason. Real world I get better millage w/ 35's and a 2' lift then I did stock. (yes, I have measured and changed my tire size.)
3) HALF DOORS!

Refresh
1) Figure the mirrors out, I understand it can't be placed similar to the Bronco with the folding windshield. There has to be a way to figure away out for Door less mirrors.
2) Module roof - still up in the air on this as it does open the door for more leak points.
3) integrated roof rack - a hardtop with either rails built in or even something that would support RTT's

This is just a start, we all want more out of our Jeep and I do believe the will start to listen a bit more. Call me ignorant but I have faith.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It seams a lot of "wants" from current owners are simple fixes or build choices. I think Jeep will start to listen just a bit. I honestly think that Jeep could give us current owners a feeling of listen by just over the air software updates to Uconnect. I feel that Jeep needs to not only look at future owners, but us current owners, that are hard looking at the Bronco. I'm not planning on switching, but if Ford does turn out to be a contender even if it's close. Jeep needs to step up the game with not only products but also, in the amount of care they have for the loyal customer.

Here me out for a minute and I have started to draft a open letter to Jeep with some of these "we care" updates.

Uconnect Updates- Over the Air or even at the dealer.
1) ability to adjust TPMS settings - those that air/up down wouldn't have to deal with warning lights/chimes.
2) horn chirp when airing up/down - When tires are at a preset pressure
2) Change tire size - owners switch tires like underwear - why not give the owners a tad bit control over their "adult Lego's"
3) Sway Bar disconnect 2wd w/ no speed max - even if they would bump the max speed up to 25-30 mph would help. If its a liability issue then slap a warning on it. nothing worse than driving down a trail in between obstacles and having your sway bar connect/disconnect constantly because your over 15 mph (I think that's the speed)
4) collaborate with Gaia, OnX, All Trails, create a GPS enable App for off-roading trails. (I would pay a subscription to have this on my Jeep, I already do for my phone!)

Options package
1) Order options for axles, tires, lockers - all models.
2) 35's out the door for Rubicon/Recon - if fuel efficiency is the reason. Real world I get better millage w/ 35's and a 2' lift then I did stock. (yes, I have measured and changed my tire size.)
3) HALF DOORS!

Refresh
1) Figure the mirrors out, I understand it can't be placed similar to the Bronco with the folding windshield. There has to be a way to figure away out for Door less mirrors.
2) Module roof - still up in the air on this as it does open the door for more leak points.
3) integrated roof rack - a hardtop with either rails built in or even something that would support RTT's

This is just a start, we all want more out of our Jeep and I do believe the will start to listen a bit more. Call me ignorant but I have faith.
Tire fill alert is on the 2021s. Gaia is also on CarPlay.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn´t likely know my Transit has the drive train coupling issue if I had not told you. And the error in the design of the Transit drive shaft is not really excusable.ere was no need to reinvent the wheel for that kind of part. My point was that you can´t declare the Bronco an engineering success 9 months from the first ones hitting the sales floor. Let alone when not a single production model has come down the line.

I´m not expecting big problems and I know Ford has done many vehicles right. But we also can´t compare apples to an orange that hasn´t even formed yet.

As for my experience, my Ford Transit had FAR more issues in the first 2.5 years of ownership than my Jeep, which has had one minor issue that I fixed. I simply would not even consider trading my Jeep for the Bronco. I do think the Bronco will be great, but it will have compromises. Honestly, it has one big advantage. They got to buy, drive around in, and take apart, a bunch of Wranglers before they even designed it. If it comes up short, there really won´t be any excuses.

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I don't think they have done IFS ftont lockers and sway bar disconnects either. But you are right, the powertrain should be dialed in by now.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I don't think it is a complicated "syndrome". If I am not happy with MY Jeep I will buy something else. It wont be based on other people's forum posts.You dont know how everyone else was "treated" by Jeep - do you?

N5lp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and 2019 2 door Wrangler Rubicon
...That being said, could you imagine if Jeep/Uconnect would partner with say, Gaia or even OnX to bring there map interface to the offroad pages.
I use Gaia on Carplay all the time in my Wrangler. It is pretty fantastic.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
You are quoting my post which says I will buy whatever vehicle works for me irrespective of the brand and your conclusion is that I am a Jeep fanboy? I dont think I can argue with that kind of stupid. Have a good day and I hope you get the help you need. The battered wife thing sounds oddly specific , so please dont suffer in silence if this is your personal sitiation.
Sponsored