DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like many of you, I'm just getting my feet wet with Ford's Bronco offerings, how they're marketing the new vehicle and the features it has.

If you run across ideas the Ford design team had that you'd like to see incorporated into a Wrangler, do share here.

For example, I like how the back seats--at least from some video I saw--have the ability to put the seat up to store items hidden below.
Nothing, It looks like a Ford FLEX and an Early Explorer bumped Nasties and this was the end result.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
I would highlight that there are two issues here. 1) A problem and 2) how the manufacturer deals with the problem. I do hear of Ford problems, just as I hear of Jeep problems. In my experience, the big difference to me is that Ford seems to have fixes for their problems. With Ford, I pay money, the problem gets fixed. I have had bad experience with Jeep taking my money, and not fixing my problem.

I have zero issues throwing money at a problem, provided it gets fixed.
well with ford thats an issue (at least for me). 1000$ to replace a 20$ plastic slave cylinder on a car that had around 25K miles. i work out of my house, have several cars so i dont put a lot of miles on a car in a year. over the years, i have done lots of work on my cars, including rebuilding motors, dropping and replacing transmissions, changing out rear-ends and so forth. i have changed clutch slave cylinders but they were always on the outside of the transmission and were mostly metal. so my issue here is the cost (almost all labor) to replace a key part of the transmission which has two flaws (as far as im concerned) plastic and flimsy and prone to fail due to aging and placed on the inside of the transmission in a front wheel drive vehicle requiring complicated time consuming procedures to repair and also requiring special tools.

and yes the dealership treated me well (as in loved me tenderly) but for that treatment, i had to shell out 1000+.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The funny part is right after that when it takes off and still lifts that driver front tire because it can't flex enough even with the sway bar disconnected to keep the tires on the ground.
Yeah, their promo movie also used a lot of conveniently placed boulders (that were bypassed) to block the view of a lot of wheel lift moments.

The 2 door Bronco has ignited a newfound interest of light off roading in my wife. She was daunted by my Rubi, due to its more hands on nature that requires a bit more driver engagement (the transfer case lever) and its sheer abilities. Whereas the Bronco is all push button and set it and forget it. She's 4'11", so she also appreciated the very low a-pillar grab handles for getting in. I really hope it turns out great, so she can join me in my newest interest and have some fun with me. One things for sure though, she'll be in 4lo and locked up long before I need to shift out of 2hi. Lol

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's funny the thing that never gets mentioned is the GOAT terrain control features. I think that kind of off-road tech doesn't appeal to Jeep buyers. even if it is done well.

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
Now remember y’all I am a new Jeeper so a little grace before someone throws some shade lol, but I did like the interior bike rack. I also liked the price points for the various packages. Smile y’all life is good!
where are you seeing all that info? I only see the different models, base price and thats it on their web site / build

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
It feels like a Barcalounger compared to the rear seat in JKUs! :like:
Until you've had sex with a girl wearing skin tight wrangler jeans in the back of a CJ5, I don't want to hear about uncomfortable back seats!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically, the rear seat on the 2-door Wrangler is more comfortable than in the 4-door.

It is a royal pain getting in-and-out of the back of a 2-door Wrangler. But the 2-door rear seat itself is shaped much better than the church pew in the 4-door; once back there, the rear seat in the 2-door is actually more comfortable.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, last weekend I folded down the rear seat in my JLU for the first time: those plastic latches are so flimsy I doubt they will last very long.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny the thing that never gets mentioned is the GOAT terrain control features. I think that kind of off-road tech doesn't appeal to Jeep buyers. even if it is done well.
It's really just a highly unnecessary complication, that's sole purpose is to remove driver engagement and replace it with set-it-and-forget-it. The Bronco, as a whole, was designed to cater to those who are oblivious to and/or don't want to be as engaged in the experience. That's perfectly fine though, because it will be another vessel to get people interested in the off roading realm. My wife included, who chose to roll the dice with a reservation for a Badlands model.

Even though the majority of Jeep owners will never push the limits of their Wrangler's off road, a lot of them still prefer the drivers engagement coupled with the knowledge that they drive a vehicle that won't be easily turned around when things go soft brown.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's really just a highly unnecessary complication, that's sole purpose is to remove driver engagement and replace it with set-it-and-forget-it. The Bronco, as a whole, was designed to cater to those who are oblivious to and/or don't want to be as engaged in the experience. That's perfectly fine though, because it will be another vessel to get people interested in the off roading realm. My wife included, who chose to roll the dice with a reservation for a Badlands model.

Even though the majority of Jeep owners will never push the limits of their Wrangler's off road, a lot of them still prefer the drivers engagement coupled with the knowledge that they drive a vehicle that won't be easily turned around when things go soft brown.
I'm all for manual control, starting with the transmission. If this Bronco allowed you to unlock the back axle and manually brake-lock a rear tire for a turn, heck ya! But it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything near that engaging

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I forgot to mention the trail maps and being able to record the run.

And......
you are able to record a run through the Nav feature, however it might not actually show the trail your on. I've done it a couple times through well known trails here in CO.
That being said, could you imagine if Jeep/Uconnect would partner with say, Gaia or even OnX to bring there map interface to the offroad pages.
Sponsored