Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep interiors look great, except the rear seats in a JLUR are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in...truly abysmal.
It feels like a Barcalounger compared to the rear seat in JKUs! :like:
Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Don't know if it was already mentioned, but would be nice if jeep would scrap the electric hydraulic assist steering box. Don't know what ford will use but hopefully not the whiny box that my rubicon has and one that stays straight

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
I am eager to see what the manufacture and dealer support looks like. FCA sets a bar so low on this you can trip over it. If a Raptor version of the Bronco with a manual transmission comes out, I will be saying good bye to Jeep.
i doubt seriously the raptor version of this thing will come out with a manual. youre not gonna be able to get the 2.7 with a manual either. supposedly the raptor version (warthog) will have a turbo 3.0 gas motor.

i think in the end, unless FCA comes up with a better motor choice, one of the key issues will be the bronco as better with a 2.3 to start, a nice 2.7 and eventually a 3.0 turbo. there are rumors of a hemi jeep and thats cool, but what i want in a vehicle like this is a bit more than a 3.6 NA. with the hemi the cost is gonna be high and the range most likely limited and probably a gas guzzler tack on.

as to the IFS compared to the solid front axle, the jeep will probably always be better offroad, and for true hard core rock crawlers, the only answer, but for others a very capable offroad vehicle with better onroad manners will most likely be 'good enough' and actually a better choice for a lot of folks.

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The only reason I stuck with FCA was the Jeep's a lot of fun off road. With Ford having something that can compete with the fun level off road but also with reliability and a company that doesn't treat me like shit it is game over for our household on FCA as soon as possible.
I liked every Ford I ever owned. 2 mustangs, 1 pickup. My AMC XJ, though, was the best car I ever owned. I did most of the mechanical on it the 32 years I drove it, appreciating the engineering, its endurance and classic concept as art. Wheeled it very hard. The TJ's already proving itself. Keeping it from being stolen will be my biggest challenge. My experience trying to do a cash deal on a factory order Rubicon last January soured me on FCA. Glad to finally see the Bronco. Won't be alive long enough to need one.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is totally capable of screwing up drivetrain components/designs, too. My 2015 Transit has a Rover-style rubberized coupling on the drive shaft that was incredibly troublesome for Land Rover. LR never did get it right. Ford put a similar design on the Transit. It can fail and cause a catastrophic failure that could cause a serious accident. They have not yet come up with a revised design, or at least they keep telling me that. So every xx,000 miles I have to take it in for replacement, as a preventative measure.

This is after not only many millions of vehicles worth of experience with drive shaft design, including a time when they owned Land Rover and got rid of that shitty design. Yet here I am with that crappy coupling. Nice job, Ford.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Sasquatch. Well, at least they didn't call it "Darrel".

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The idea of being able to get a cheap Sasquatch is neat. But it won't happen in the real world. We already know that there are certain things that must be included in order to get the package, and the order sheets aren't even out yet. So there will likely be even more that will be rolled into the price before all is said and done. In my opinion you won't find any Sasquatch package equipped Broncos being sold for less than 42K. Especially the first year as the sales managers at the dealerships will be adding anything and everything to their allocations to try to increase their margin.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The idea of being able to get a cheap Sasquatch is neat. But it won't happen in the real world. We already know that there are certain things that must be included in order to get the package, and the order sheets aren't even out yet. So there will likely be even more that will be rolled into the price before all is said and done. In my opinion you won't find any Sasquatch package equipped Broncos being sold for less than 42K. Especially the first year as the sales managers at the dealerships will be adding anything and everything to their allocations to try to increase their margin.
Yes. Like it didn't come out for a few days that the sasquatch package is only available with automatic. Who knows what else is required.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Ford is totally capable of screwing up drivetrain components/designs, too. My 2015 Transit has a Rover-style rubberized coupling on the drive shaft that was incredibly troublesome for Land Rover. LR never did get it right. Ford put a similar design on the Transit. It can fail and cause a catastrophic failure that could cause a serious accident. They have not yet come up with a revised design, or at least they keep telling me that. So every xx,000 miles I have to take it in for replacement, as a preventative measure.

This is after not only many millions of vehicles worth of experience with drive shaft design, including a time when they owned Land Rover and got rid of that shitty design. Yet here I am with that crappy coupling. Nice job, Ford.
lets talk about ford reliability.... some of my examples.. i have a fiesta st. great little car, fun to drive.. however the slave cylinder is plastic, its inside the transmission bell and for this 20 dollar piece, you spend 1000 to replace it once it fails and they fail a lot. there is a 20 dollar plastic thingy buried deep deep in the console called a 'blend door actuator'. when this thing fails you have to get far back into the console after taking out the driver's seat and unbolt a tiny screw that you pray doesnt drop down into the console to be forever lost to replace this cheep piece of plastic that clicks continuously once it fails. i did do this labor and saved 300 or 400 bucks but it took several hours and was a pain. then you have the plastic oil pan and drain on the 2.7 ford motor (top motor offered on the bronco to start). i think they finally wised up at ford and now this is metal, but sheese there is the possibility that the bronco could have plastic oil pan (the horror).

the point here is that all of the manufacturers and using lots of cheap plastic parts on ever more expensive and complicated cars and you can bet there will be issues with the bronco, just like there are with the jeep.
Sponsored