Sponsored

Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Gaia GPS works perfectly as an app. I run a apple mini ipad with the app during my trail runs.
I’m sure it does, but when you pay FCA 4 figures for a nav, something this side of the worst maps in history seems appropriate without needing an app.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Removable cup holder inserts, if I had that in my Jeep it would be perfect. I heard it from a mustang of course he was talking about a bronco.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
If that’s true, what a shame. Any source re the subscription maps service? Jeep’s 8.4 UConnect is solidly responsive, but the nav maps are complete trash. I suspect they figured most folks would run gmaps or some competitor via android auto or CarPlay and didn’t bother to develop any true off-road innovations with the nav. My guess is they play catch up with UConnect 5 and leave everyone else without a decent update.
Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler 20200715_185459

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usable infotainment system, Frameless doors and the ability to take your doors with you when they're off and i do like the mirrors mounted to the body
The doors off on the go is going to be useless. Plus it's only available on the 4 door because the 2 door doesn't have room. Plus how many people dont have any gear or bags of some kind in the Cargo area....

So people in a Bronco are gonna drive around with their Door Bags in the back. Then stop take the bags take all their doors off and put them in the back....I see his as a very unlikely scenario. But its something Ford can say they have and Jeep doesn't.

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
very nice
Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler {filename}
Honestly if some aftermarket would come up with a way to relocate Jeeps mirrors to a replacement Clset of Cowl covers we could have body mounted mirrors...but likely lose the folding windshield ability...which most people dont use. But it's been a Jeep staple from the beginning.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention this is just Fords same terrain management they have been using for years just renamed. My mother had it on her Explorer and got stuck in the Snow....while in the Snow setting......she hated that thing and traded it in in. Grand Cherokee.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I like the modular roof.. mirrors on the cowl. It's an okay vehicle But I love my Jeep...like obsessively! I don't have any hate for Ford having owned a 61 T-bird convertible and a 66 both that I restored...a 72 Mustang and a 87 GT. All of which were fun cars...but Jeep is on a whole different level of fun! It truly is the king of the hill(IMO) I hope Bronco is successful for Ford, like everyone has already stated the competition is good!

Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler {filename}

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I can't believe the bronco will get half doors before the wrangler. Wtf 2020

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I´d take the rubberized floor, but that isn´t a huge deal. I like the trails in the map, but we don´t know if that will be as good as described. Honestly, many Moab trails were on my Uconnect nav.

Other than those things, I see nothing that I care to add. I think the inside wheel raking is a gimmick and unecessary and the granny gear would be only good for maybe pulling a boat up a ramp. 4 low 1st gear in a Rubi is low enough to pull my house off its foundation, so I´m not sure what that really gains you. I´ve had no issues crawling in the rocks or climbing hills. Or, even pulling my boat up the ramp, for that matter.

I do like the 35´s from the factory but I had 35´s and a nice lift by the time I had 700 miles on my Rubi, so no big deal there, either.

All that said, I really like the Bronco. If there wasn´t a Jeep, I´d have the Bronco and be thrilled with it. But then again, if there wasn´t a Wrangler, there would be no Bronco. At least not one like this.

I also still have trouble forgiving Ford for the cheap ass interior parts in my Transit van. I´ve never seen anything that has pieces just fall off like that thing. I really hope they did better with this one.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco feature I'd like...a Jeep dealership service department to be competent and timely.
Lol, that wouldn´t be my Ford dealer. They can´t fix a door chime. Our Jeep dealer is MUCH better.

confusiussaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In my family we have owned many Thunderbirds, Probes, Mustangs, Rangers, Explorers, and F150/250's. The trucks were worked hard.

We had only a couple unscheduled maintenance items come up but Ford resolved them on the the FIRST and only visit - we never had to go back due to something claimed to be fixed wasn't - except one instance we had to come back due to parts not being available, but it was a minor issue (trim piece broke). We never had a major engine, drivetrain, or electronics issue except the Supercoupe crank issue above, and that was preventative in nature.

In contrast I've owned 2 Jeeps. A JK and a JL.

The JK had the V6 replaced twice for tappet/roller issues. Both times took multiple visits to the dealership to get it running properly. The transmission failed 3 times in warranty. The steering pump failed twice. The axles were replaced once for unexplained clunks in the front, and 4 times in the rear during warranty and still clunked after that but I gave up. The radio and electrical controls never did work right ever and I gave up going back in as it often led to new issues.

My JL has had a FAD basically explode leaving me on a trail. The u-connect reboots a couple times a day randomly. Car Play will work perfectly for a month and then for days/weeks not work at all. Radio and harness both replaced and no luck.

The only reason I stuck with FCA was the Jeep's a lot of fun off road. With Ford having something that can compete with the fun level off road but also with reliability and a company that doesn't treat me like shit it is game over for our household on FCA as soon as possible.
You might have the worst mechanical luck with Jeeps I have ever heard of. Damn.